Newbie to Fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meraya
    on

With BMI 30 I want to try Fast 800 from 1st December. My goal is to lose two kilograms a month. Just bought Fast 800 cookbook. Wish me luck. Meraya

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good luck Meraya, 2kgs a month is very doable. You will probably lose more in the first couple of weeks but it will slow down a bit and will average out. Keep us posted.

• posted by Meraya
    on

Hi Sunshine girl,
    Thanks for your comment which makes me feel that I am “embraced”.
    I am getting ready for the start by cleaning the fridge from dairy products and the freezer from high carb vegetables.
    I shall be seeing the doctor on the 30th to check my blood fat test results. Then I will be able to see the changes afterwards.
    This style of eating is not unfamilier, I only have to forget about potatoes and basmati!
    Meraya

on

Hi again, You are embraced – big hugs. don’t totally forgo the dairy. The full fat dairy is good for you – just never have low cal or low fat products, they are full of c”””. Just watch the calories on things like cheese but a good source of protein now and then.

Yes, get rid of the potatoes and the basmati but also, if you eat it now, the breakfast cereals, bread, pasta, high carb vegetables. It is a big learning curve but even after 6 years I make mistakes. Keep sharing.

• posted by Meraya
    on

Oh thanks, with all this support I cannot fail. I had my breakfast, the usual bacon 30g and 2 large eggs with plain Ceylon Tea. Start training at the gym in 3 hours time. I packed a chorizo and 3 slices cucumber to eat after the pass.
    I have cod topped with dill and cheese for Dinner which I used to eat before 4 pm. By the way half an hour after breakfast my blood sugar was 7.2mmolL which is “normal”. I aim to drink 2 litres of water. Yes, I keep record of what I eat, calories, protein, fat and carbs.
    Until next time, M

on

As you are checking BG does that mean you are diabetic. Are you on meds – it can make a difference to how you react to the diet and might be in need of some advice on that. If you are not diabetic then just ignore my comment.

• posted by Meraya
    on

Hi,
    MilIion thanks for the concern/advise. I really appreciate it.
    I am prediabetic but I do not take Metformin now. I trained yesterday and did not feel hungry at all though I ate around 600 kcal and 26E% fat. But I needed a whole nights sleep about 12 hours. My usual is 8 hours. Yesterday carb consumption was only six and half grams. Today I want to eat 50g apple and try to keep carbs under 20g. I consulted both cardiologist and the family physician and tested blood glucose, bloodfat. Glucose was normal but a tiny increase in bloodfat. My BMI is 30.5 and hope blood fat drops down when I lose weight.
    I do not live in the UK and my next cardiologist appointment is on the 7th. Cheers, M

on

Hi Meraya, glad you are not diabetic but picked a good time to get rid of the carbs to prevent the pre turning into a full blown diagnosis. This really works. 6.5 grams of carbs seems awfully low so I am not sure what you ate. The 50g apple will give you around 10gm carbs.

You dont live in the UK, where are you. I am in France. Oh and we have exactly the same BMI.

Please log in or register to post a reply.