Newbie needing advise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jecka99
    on

Hi all
    I am going through menopause and work night duty. I plan to start on the 24 oct 2016 ( want blood tests and to write diet plan first). I was wondering if there is anyone else who works nursing hours and rotates through night and days and can provide any advice? I done the 5;2 and lost weight but then menopause happened 🙁
    Starting again as i need a new life!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Menopause … i have been in surgical menopause for approx. 2 decades. I’m still taking a very small dose of estrogen. Although i did try not to take it …. a brand called Estroven was somewhat helpful.

I am retired now … but i did work shift work at times … mostly midnights in a donut shoppe ……. which actually turned me off of donuts … 🙂 too much !!!

If you have a staff room with fridge you are golden … you can bring anything in plastic containers… Were i worked last we had a fridge with freezer (staff pooled their money to get it) as well as a microwave and coffee maker.

Our hospital here has a cafeteria with salads and stuff …. so if it’s not open overnight you can buy BSD friendly stuff.

I would definitely bring a large plastic container with assorted delicous veggies … maybe with some hummus dip.

Can of tuna or salmon or … with can opener.

If you like coffee with cream … i would have some on midnigh shifts …. but stop drinking it halfway through a midnight shift so i wouldn’t be wired when trying to sleep.

Drink your favorite tea … bring your own if you have access to hot water …. or bring a large thermus or 2 or 3.

I would save my carbs for the just BEFORE the shift … MIDDLE of shift ….. and then stop the carbs and coffee so i could sleep when i got off shift.

ANYONE?????

Please log in or register to post a reply.