Newbie here…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Deahn1957
    on

Im reading the BSD. I will begin soon. Question…was there anyone else starting and looking at the recipes that thought…yuck! 🥺

• posted by YBR
    on

Yep, me!
    Plus the difficulty of feeding me, DH, DD1 (vegetarian) and DD2 (fuss-itarian) without DH having to cook 4 different meals!

I just started this week and have not followed any of the recipes yet, except cauliflower rice and using courgette strips for pasta replacement, which I picked up on this forum.

• posted by florob85
    on

I often don’t use the recipes, I don’t eat fish and I’m not keen on eggs – I just use them as inspiration and then make up my own!

Come join us on our weekly thread One week at a time…., we start a new one every Monday and we’re a mix of newbies, experienced people from all the different plans, and we share stories, recipes, ideas, encouragement etc. we’d love to have you!

Lauren xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s not necessary to follow the recipes, just ensure you have a protein source, some good fats and plenty of above ground veg for main meals. Breakfast and snacks can be as simple as full fat yogurt, nuts, seeds, berries.

• posted by freester
    on

I found the recipes in the accompanying BSD recipe book a lot more appetising than those at the back of the BSD book. So that’s worth an investment.

But without preaching – this IS going to be a change in your way of eating. For me (2 years in now) I have found my tastes have completely changed and as a previous ‘fussitarian’ (great term @ybr) I now eat dishes and meals I wouldn’t have touched before.

As time goes by you will find recipes and meals that suit, and learn to adapt your current favourites. Or maybe you try that now.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Deahn1957. Notice you are T2 and using insulin. What are your long term goals on this diet. I am on insulin and would love to come off it but not managed in 6 years, mainly due to never quite reaching an idea weight as I have to live with this every day and somedays it is hard. However, I have gone from using 40 units daily down to 12 units and think I am nearly there, need a conversation with my doctor in the next couple of months when I have a check up.

Please log in or register to post a reply.