Newbie and first day/shopping

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Loukc
    on

So yesterday I read the book and today I started the diet. Tomorrow I have a gym induction and Friday I have docs appointment to discuss meds (coming off anti-depressants) and other stuff.

It was shopping day so I have written up a rough week menu and went shopping. I now have in my fridge things I’ve never even eaten before, like asparagus and spinach leaves. My fridge is packed to the brim. I also, and this was so hard to do, threw out all pasta and other nasty stuff that’s no good for me.

I’ve started a food diary and feel very positive and proud of me.

I shall keep you all informed as to how I get on.

Thanks so much for this site and the book.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome Loukc. You’ll find lots of support and advice on here. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

• posted by nidge64
    on

Hi louche.
    Welcome to BSD and good luck .
    Hope you share your successes .
    Nidge

• posted by Janet1973
    on

You’ve certainly planned a full week of life changing life changes Loukc! I love that feeling of making a new you! When you take control of one area of your life you often feel better about other areas too. So I think your bsd journey is going to have a really positive impact on your emotional well being too. All the best. Keep us updated.

• posted by Loukc
    on

I’m already loving the food. Had bacon and broccoli stir fry and wow it was lovely. I’ve never stir fried broccoli before and was worried it would taste like under cooked veg, but to my surprise it was so nice. I added crushed chilli and Cayenne pepper and a handful of flaked almonds which I thought I didn’t like, but stir fried it all went together well.

It’s given me more confidence to try other stuff now.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi loukc you have inspired me to try that brocolli bacon stir fry 🙂

• posted by Loukc
    on

Awwww that’s good let me know what you think?

This morning I made a shake of cup of spinach, blueberries, almonds, Greek yoghurt and water and put it in the blender. I managed to drink it all and it was kinda weird tasting, not bad but just weird lol, after drinking it I was unsure if I was going to keep it down, but managed it. Lunch I had portebello mushrooms and beans sprinkled with mozzarella and of course Cayenne pepper, love that stuff.

Please log in or register to post a reply.