New Year

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by juliette60
    on

Hi everyone attempting this, ever since I saw Mike’s TV docco on 5:2 I have done the diet every week. I think it must be over 3 years now? I initially lost a stone and a half and recently put on half a stone. My problem is, I eat enormous amounts on the down days! and now on a diet for next 8 weeks to redress this. However, I just wanted to share my experience, since doing the 5:2 (and it is hard, some days worse than others,) I feel fantastically well, my energy, according to friends and family, is massively improved, some say phenomenal – and as a 56 year old producer sometimes doing 18 hour days and masses of stress, that’s extremely welcome! Moreover, I have a great sense of wellbeing and, touch wood, have not been prey to the weakness of the prevalent chest infections I used to suffer from.- in fact I’ve only had one bout of a couple of days illness I think only for several years, that’s including colds – and yes of course it might just be chance… but I truly believe it’s the diet. I have a hideously sweet tooth but after eating a meal, my blood sugar reading was 4. 9 last month, which apparently is fine. I’m not diabetic, but this diet, if you can hold on, seems to have so many other extraordinary benefits and I just wanted to wish you all well..it’s so worth it!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Juliette – I struggled with the 5:2 when I tried it, as like you I over compensated on the down days and on the fasting days, I found I was obsessed with food – what and how much could have and how soon. Have found the Fast800 so much easier and it really has become a way of life.
    Like you, I feel so much healthier and although only a couple of people have commented on my weight loss, lots of people comment on how well I look.
    Hope you continue to see good results.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The first time I tried 5:2 I must have done the same and after great initial weightloss ended up putting it back on again. The second time was just prior to me discovering the BSD and was more successful, although only because I counted on non fast days just as zealously as fast days, having set an average calorie deficit that would give me the speed of weightloss I needed. I moved to BSD 5:2 on the same principle and again lost weight very steadily. I really think 5:2 not counting on the non fast days can only be a success if you go low carb and have already educated yourself about desirable portion sizes.

• posted by AKB382
    on

Hi all, I lost about 12KG on this diet , (and kept it off), whilst initially my BG levels dropped, they shot straight back up within 2 months, often to levels higher than they were previously !. gutted

Please log in or register to post a reply.