New to this Diet, or any other come to that!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Robmac
    on

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with type 2. Unsurprisingly, as all of my family have it.

I am 6ft 1in and usual weight is 14st 10lbs, although now 8 days into the diet I am now 13st 8lbs! I fear my downfall will be Beer! I am 56 and have drunk beer in large (and I mean large) quantities all of my life. I am abstaining for the 8 weeks, but I will drink again when I go onto the 5:2, but in smaller amounts. But I will bring this up as as another topic, if you will pardon the expression!

My diet has always been unhealthy too, so this and the 5:2 may just help me live a bit longer!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Robmac, those are great results for your first 8 days! I think the longer you stay off beer the less you will want it!!! You will also find, after your 8 weeks, that a small amount of beer will pack quite a punch!

I loved wine but 13 weeks in I have had the rare very small glass and haven’t liked the result! Think of all the money you will save! 🙂

Have you read Bill1954s posts? They are inspirational!

• posted by Robmac
    on

Thanks for that H. My wife doesn’t drink, but she already has plans for the money to be saved!

I will have a look at Bill’s posts.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Good luck, Robmac.

• posted by Robmac
    on

Thanks Patsy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.