New to this!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

Hello,

I am on Day 5 of this style of eating, trying to stick to 1800 calories per day or less. So far, my macros are looking like 25% carbs, 60% fat and 25% protein per day or thereabouts. I use Fitbit to track calories and activity.

Although not diabetic (I don’t think!), I have a BMI of 38 so am classed as clinically obese, and I obviously want to do something about this. I thought I would fail pretty quickly if I went in hard at 800 cals per day, so this is my gentle introduction to a life without pasta, pizza, bread, and my main vices – lager and white wine. If I see results, I will reduce the daily calorie allowance gradually.

I have tried so many of the old-style, low fat diets, that I feel like a naughty child eating bacon and cheese and olive oil, but I think this is also the aspect that has made it enjoyable so far, and it is forcing me to be much more creative with recipes than I have been of late. I realise it is very early days, but I love it so far.

It feels like being part of a secret revolution!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Greetings, Avisamuelgrey. Welcome to these forums!

Fifteen months ago I had a BMI in excess of yours, obese category III. Today that figure is BMI of 22. All things
    are possible with this extraordinary way of eating. It is truly like cracking the obesity code once and for all. There
    are hundreds of threads that address the ins and outs of carb calculation, T2D, as well as the negative consequences
    of including alcohol in any weight loss goals. Have a read through as many as you can, they have been immeasurably
    helpful to me. I’ve lost 144 lbs doing this, so if I can help by sharing my experiences, please all upon me. We’re
    all here to help! Best of luck,
    Allie

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Try adding just a couple of 800 days at first while keeping the rest at 1800, in effect 5:2 BSD, and then adding extra fast days if you want to speed things up some more. From about the same BMI this is exactly what I did (using 1600 for my ‘non fast days’) and found it really effective, in fact the 5 fast days, with weekends at 1600 I ended up at just before finally taking the plunge and doing 8 weeks really was almost as effective at losing weight as the full BSD. I am using fast days still in my maintenance now I have reached my goal weight (7 months today).

Please log in or register to post a reply.