New to this

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ncannak
    on

Hi all

I am going to start my 800 calorie diet but just need to choose a day!
    I currently don’t work as i have chronic pain so am home on the couch all day so good is my only comfort. And as you can guess my weight is just going up and up!
    So I think this will hopefully help but I’m worried about cravings and hunger.
    My family ate all away next week and think I will start either before they leave or when they leave…but I usually turn to food when alone.

Can I ask if there’s any tips you al have?
    Maybe if I snack on raw veg and have higher protein as I find high fat doesn’t satisfy e like protein does.
    Thank you!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I think start it when your family leaves. It will be something that is just for you and I can assure you that the organising, planning, shopping, menu planning etc will give you plenty to think about. You also have the added bonus that when you feel overwhelmed, craving or hungry there is always someone here to discuss it with and take advice from.

Have a good BSD friendly snack to hand, something easy that you dont have to think about or prepare. Portion up some cooked meat up to about 50 calories, have a cold boiled egg, a small piece of cheese and if you miss crunch in your diet, a few – and I mean a few, 6 or 8 almonds or walnut halves, I personally like pistachios but avoid cashews as they are much higher in calories. Before you snack mindlessly drink a couple of glasses of water then think about whether you are hungry, craving or just bored. Eat if you are hungry (BSD snacks) paint your nails if you are bored, you cant eat with wet nails.

Hope that helps. There are lots more hints and tips on this site – just remember it is only 8 weeks if you follow the full plan. Then you can rethink.

• posted by Ncannak
    on

Thank you! Good advice on painting nails will definitely do that! Might be daily ha!

I’ve decided to start tomorrow as my family leave Sunday and I find day 4 of any new diet is when I crave and then binge so I’m hoping that will the rush of them packing etc I won’t have time to think about cravings!
    Then when they come back hopefully I’ll be looking slimmer already 🤗

Please log in or register to post a reply.