New to this

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jojo74
    on

Hi myself and my brother are gonna give this diet a whirl my brother is type 2 diet only … I up to now have avoided boarding the diabetes bus . I am gonna struggle with the no bread potatoes pasta side of this also breakfast but gonna try my best . I apologise now as I can see me asking lots of questions.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome aboard and ask away. If breakfast cereals are hard to do without you could have porridge now and then but only 25 grams. Also, look at the no-carb bircher recipe if you have the book. My breakfasts have changed completely, I love 2 very large mushrooms grilled then topped with a poached egg. Also, very quick 2 eggs scrambled with a little sprinkle of chilli powder and a tablespoon of grated cheddar cheese. There are lots of people to help on here. Good luck.

• posted by Jojo74
    on

Thanks Sunshine I don’t do cereals in any shape or form in fact I don’t generally do breakfast at all which I know I have to change …I like eggs and mushrooms so will go with that …going to buy the book as I want to do this properly

on

Michael Mosley debunks a lot of the myths around food and having to have breakfast is one of them. Especially as you are not diabetic, if you don’t want it don’t eat it. It would be helpful for your brother as us diabetics should have a regular intake of food and his blood glucose might drop quite low, but I am sure he knows how to take care of himself. 🙂

• posted by Jojo74
    on

Oh really well thats good to know as generally I cant face breakfast . Which is the best book to buy I want to lose weight and if I can avoid diabetes which is rife in my family ?

on

The only book you need is Dr Michael Mosley’s 8 week blood sugar diet. Then there is the follow up recipe book written by his wife Dr Clare Bailey (and Sarah Schenker). Be careful and watch out for other books which dont follow the same diet rules, probably also work but not the diet we are all on.

• posted by Jojo74
    on

Ok i shall buy those 2 thanks you have been a great help

• posted by Esnecca
    on

One of the options Dr. Mosley covers is intermittent fasting when you fast for a set number of hours a day or days per week. I’m doing one called the 16:8 fast, 16 hours fasting, 8 hours during which you can eat. Since half of those 16 hours are sleep (or should be!), the rest of the 16 come after dinner and before lunch. My eating window is from noon to 8:00 PM.

The reason I’m doing this is because I have never been a breakfast person. I am simply not hungry when I wake up or for hours afterwards. I was so thrilled when I read Dr. Mosley debunk the myths about breakfast being the most important meal of the day and necessary for long-term weight loss. Perhaps the 16:8 approach would work for you too, Jojo74.

• posted by Jojo74
    on

Oooh Esnecca that sounds perfect for me as there my general eating hours. Thanks I shall look into that one

Please log in or register to post a reply.