New to diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Needtoloseweight
    on

Hi
    I’m type 2 diet only. Had BP before & take meds.
    Need to lose weight as practice nurse keeps telling me to try metaformin & add in another BP tablet.
    Mentioned this diet to her – answer she had never heard of it , eat healthy, exercise & you won’t have a problem with your weight.
    I only have 2 weeks before I go on holiday, thinking I should wait until I get back or would you start it now ? I try on holiday but not so strict we r self catering.
    Any advice & guidance welcome please

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Needtoloseweight,
    Welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ my advice would be to jump right in and start the fast 800. With two weeks before your hols, you will be over the tough first couple of days and well into losing weight. You’ll enjoy your holiday much more if you’re lighter and have more energy.
    It can seem daunting at first but there are plenty of people here who are willing to support and advise you.
    Lucky you are self catering, you’ll have much better control over what and how much you eat. If you want a slightly more indulgent meal you can eat less before and after to compensate. By two weeks in you will be much more savvy about what foods are best, and once you taste success you probably won’t want to spoil your diet. You may be the first person to come back from holiday lighter than when they started ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Needtoloseweight
    on

Thanks a lot , going to give it a go !! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Needtoloseweight
    Cherrianne is right, best to jump in now and get a couple of week under your belt before the holiday. That way you will be a little lighter and have a handle on the new eating regime by the time you go, making it more possible for you keep some control whilst you are away.
    Good to know you are going to give it a go. Be sure to let us know how you progress before you go away.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I say go for it now, too. I was tempted to delay the start of my diet by two weeks, because of mine and a friend’s birthday, but thought that I’d just keep finding more excuses.

You could do the days until the holiday properly and then relax a bit while you’re away and try just to maintain the initial weight loss, then get to it properly when you get home. That way, after your holiday you’ll be a little lighter than you are now, instead of a little heavier.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Another go for it from me.
    In 2 weeks time when you go on holiday you will have a flying start to your weight loss and just maybe, you’ll find those holiday clothes a little harder to fill ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.