New Starter (again)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by deetia52
    on

Hi I am starting again tomorrow – first of the month always seems a good time to start. I am planning to have berries and greek yogurt and eggs and salad for breakfast and lunch but can anyone tell me if it’s ok to have kippers for tea. I love reading everyone’s posts, they really help me to get in the right frame of mind and not feel on my own.
    Dee xx

• posted by Avila
    on

hello, I start tomorrow too. I set up a menu plan I shopped to, put fish in a few times a week – no idea about kippers compared to other fish. Sounds fine to me.

Why is it starting again? If not too rude to ask – was there a hiccup last time tried or ….? Wondering about the hurdles ahead.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello to both of you, deetia and Avila and welcome to the forums! You will find lots of helpful and encouraging people here, and lots of advice.

I have been very successful on the BSD, and am just carrying on after my 8 weeks to drop a couple more pounds.

With regard to kippers – may I advise you to get an app, like MyFitnessPal, where you can type in a food and see what nutritional values it has.

I typed in Waitrose Kipper fillet and it tells me that 100g of kipper fillet is 226 calories 17g of fat, 2g of carbs and 15g of protein.

So as long as that fits within your 800 calories, go ahead – very tasty and low carb too.

Also, whilst it’s not mentioned in the BSD book, a lot of people here have kick-started weight loss by making sure they count their carbs, and try to keep under 50g per day. Using the MFP app to log your food means you can keep track.

Very good luck! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.