New start today 12th March join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bonny
    on

Help me to lose a stone by the 19th May when I go to CubA

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Bonny, if you stick to the plan to the letter you can easily do 1 stone, that is almost exactly 8 weeks (and a couple of days). Have you read the book are you prepared (shopping in junk out), any questions just ask. Good luck, jealous about Cuba but going to Alicante in 4 weeks.

• posted by Bonny
    on

HI sunshine girl, thank you your inspirational comments.I have bought the books and looking forward to trying out the recipes do you have a favourite go to recipe.

on

I have so many it would take too long, but… but for breakfast I like grilled mushrooms with a poached egg (only about 85 cals), also cheesy scramble egg for days when I need a little extra for swimming but on days when I want something easy I do blueberry spinach and green tea smoothie, I have a nutribullet. Can swap the blueberries for rasp or strawb then you add a bit of yoghurt or some seeds. For lunch I get through a lot of spirallized courgette and red pepper with feta cheese and a dressing or roasted chicken breast with roasted asparagus and red pepper. For dinner my fav is the chicken and mushroom ‘pie’ and the aubergine lasagne, they are in the proper cook book but I can give you the recipes if you want. Just make sure you eat proper meals, do not live like you are on a restrictive diet, this has lots of delish meals. Make sure you get your good oils like olive oil or avocado and nuts, dont eat low fat or low sugar foods, they are full of chemicals or cereals to pad them out. Have a look at what I have said to – back in a sec – sorry cant find it, but I posted on a new thread with lots of advice. Good luck

Ah I have found it, it is called Starting Tomorrow by Kaywell – read that post for more advice.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Good luck, Bonny. You can definitely do this.

I’m just 6 days in, and already my trousers are slightly looser!

• posted by Bonny
    on

Thanks it all sounds really good. Will do my shopping tomorrow. I have got nutribullet and some frozen berries so seems a good place to start.

• posted by Bonny
    on

Thank you will look for it. Have made Turkey soup for tea with lots of veg..

• posted by Patsy
    on

A question on the nutribullet – if you blend things such as raspberries, do you still have seeds, or do they get pulverised?

• posted by fabulist
    on

Hello, Bonny, I will join you! I have started and fallen off the wagon at least 8 times this month. I bake a lot for church do’s and find myself caving in every other day when tempted. It will help me to know I’ll be comparing notes with you! Good luck to both of us!

• posted by apatch
    on

Hi Bonnie, I’ll join you too. I did 4 weeks in October 2016, but I’ve started (again) today. I’m looking forward to lots of fresh (and real) food again…we can do this ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bonny
    on

Hi the seeds are still there unfortunately, but you can put in a sieve if you wish but I don’t mind the crunch

• posted by Bonny
    on

Hi apatch, thanks for joining me. It’s my second day and loving the food. I had forgotten how nice real food tastes. Good luck, keep me posted.

• posted by Bonny
    on

Hi fabulist, so pleased to have you on board. I too find baking days hard. I am going to resist volunteering for cake making for 8 weeks. I know that I can resist bought cakes and biscuits. Keep me posted and good luck x

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all, Ive been reading the posts in the forums since last year and lurking in corners, a bit creepy really when you think about it :/ Anywaay Ive decided to be brave and join in. Ive lost 15kgs since starting in October last year ( it was either that or people would start rolling me around thinking I was a beach ball…I’m 5 foot nothing so anything over 56 kilos and I start to resemble said ball. Soooo I need you people to keep me motivated. I havent been counting calories just carbs and every now and then I become human (well I try) and I drink something that I shouldnt starting with A and ending in LCOHOL!!! Suffice to say the next day the BSD Gods rain down on me with a force to be reckoned with.Sigh!!! but not being one that likes to be told “no” I do it again a few weeks later.. This is where you people come in. I love reading when you all say get back up and dust yourself off…It makes me feel heaps better!!! Dusty but better. So the challenge is out there folks…Keep me on the straight and narrow pulease!!!!

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hmm I just googled facial exercises and found a site that says I can lose 15 years from my face …What about the rest of me ??? Ill have a young face and old -ish body.. Im not very energetic walking is about the only exercise I do!!

• posted by fabulist
    on

This is my second day! I got through the first day doing 16-8 and eating around 700 calories. I also did a 30-minute video workout! I’m Type2 diabetic so I thought I would get woozy-headed but I felt surprisingly well and challenged. It REALLY helps to know you are all here. I’m a busy mum who also works full-time, so checking in here is such a luxury of time for me, but I will, because you are my lifeline!
    I’ve had diabetes for 5 years and I really want to reverse it by the end of this year.
    Let’s do this together, one day at a time.

• posted by Av
    on

Hi Peeps

I started the diet on the 16th Feb and glad I did. Morbidly overweight and although not diabetic or pre diabetic heading that way. 5.1ft and over 15 stones is not a good look for me. Years of yoyo dieting has taken its tolI. I must admit it’s not been easy but have stuck to it. This weekend was my niece’s 16th birthday and I fell a little bit off the band wagon!! I had lost 15 pounds up to that point and then put back on 3 pounds from 1 day of diet misbehaving! That would be the result of it a slice a red velvet cake I baked for my niece and a couple, no maybe 4 samosas if I’m honest. At this point I would normally give up on other diets but no I have picked myself up and got back on.

The hard time for me is the evenings. Try to keep busy and my mind off food. I was really missing the bread and potatoes at the beginning but not so much now. I’m not drinking enough water and not doing much exercise. Have to work on that. Feel more energetic, sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed and less groggy. I have suffered on and off throughout the years with ibs and this has settled down, although I have had constipation a couple of times. This is probable due to not drinking enough water and lack of exercise. My one vice I have not be able to give up yet is Diet Pepsi’ but have cut down. I know I shouldn’t drink it but when I have a really bad craving I would rather reach for that then something not on the diet.

Broccoli soup, eggs, no carb ploughman, nuts, fish and roasted beetroot with feta cheese salad are some of my favourite foods I like to eat. The other good thing about this diet is that it teaches you about portion control. I have noted about myself that when I’m around other people I eat smaller portions but when alone my food portions are HUGH. So eating around 800 calories means smaller portions of food.

I’m going to Dubrovnik in a couple of weeks for a long weekend with 7 other young ladies for a friends 50th and worried how I am going to stick to it.

Help any suggestions?

• posted by apatch
    on

Oh I went to bed with a whopping headache last night. Though I hadn’t had any sugar, coffee or dairy (or wheat) – I’d say my body doesn’t know what’s hit it ๐Ÿ™‚

Av – your roast beetroot and feta salad sounds delicious – might you have a recipe you could share? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Av
    on

Hi yes can share.

1 large beetroot – peeled and diced
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    1 clove garlic crushed
    Sprinkle of Rosemary

Toss all the above together and in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, 180 fan assisted oven.

In a plate

1/2 sliced avocado
    1 tomato sliced
    25 gm feta cheese

Once beets cooked place on top.

Around 300 to 330 calories.

You can add egg or sliced ham if you want to add more calories.

• posted by fabulist
    on

I slept badly too. It’s the sudden dip in calories, I think. It will phase out in the first few days.

• posted by Av
    on

It does. The initial headaches, etc is a result of withdrawal from the sugar, etc. Keep going as it does phase out.

on

Headaches can also be caused by lack of fluids, drink lots and lots.

• posted by Av
    on

Good advice

• posted by apatch
    on

thanks Av – looks delicious, I’ll definitely try this on the weekend..

Feeling much better today….headache seems to have lifted, thankfully. I’m trying to drink lots and lots of herbal teas (and I did have coffee this morning too, I think need to ease myself into this a little more gently probably!)..

• posted by Bonny
    on

Well, fell off the wagon due to a very stressful week and not able to exercise due to a fall. So feeling o n the recovery and will ease myself back in today. Can’t promise the 800 calls but trying . Going for a walk now so get some steps in. I have a fit bit so want to do 8000 steps. Did it yesterday so happy about that. If I c n just get the food right .

Please log in or register to post a reply.