New start to life.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lea50
    on

I started BSD one and a half weeks ago. Have lost 4kg already! I’m sure that it is just water but it does make me want to keep going.
    For the first time ever my husband is onside and supporting my journey. This will make a huge difference to my success, as having to cook carbs, have carbs in the pantry, and then not eat them is always difficult.
    I have been having headaches which is unusual for me, thought it was from my stressful job, but now wondering if it is the diet?
    My hardest time to keep on track is the weekends, weekends have always been snack days for me. I found it hard last night not snacking, is it ok to occasionally have some nuts, cream/berries or some other substitute? Or will that sabotage it all?
    Wine is also my downfall, does 1-3 glasses of red wine make much difference?

• posted by Brett and Lynne
    on

Hi Lea,
    Brett and I have been BSDers for just under 7 weeks. We have lost 17.3kg and 17.2kg respectively and Brett has reversed his diabetes. The truth is for me, the diet stripped away any cravings I might have. Have not craved bread or wine. Brett actually bought home a bottle of red wine one night and I said “if I haven’t craved it yet, there’s no use having it’.

We were however, committed to do the eight weeks properly. It has opened our eyes and we are cooking a wider variety of food now. Yes, I understand weekends are harder for you. We often have a little dish of nuts (around 20) as they are so good for you. I won’t do this more than a couple of times a week though.

Another ‘snack’ I have, if I have to have something, is a dish of olives, marinated mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and feta. Generally only once a week though. Or you can have some low carb yoghurt.

We will no doubt have a glass of wine to celebrate our 8 weeks but I feel it’s best to try and go without alcohol while trying to lose weight unless you do some exercise!!! This is now going to be our lifestyle with a few carbs thrown in and wine, after the 8 weeks, but with all our energy now we will be working it off!

Good Luck
    Lynne

• posted by Doddi
    on

This is my 4th day and I love it, loss 3 kg and feeling wonderful, no craving for food.
    I have no problems with husband and other people eating food and cake in front of me, but not having red wine is very difficult.
    But I am trying to be strong, for if I have a glass of wine I know I will eat something more than nuts.
    So no wine for this old lady for another 7 1/2 week.

Doddi

Headaches: drink more water I was told. don’t know if is right but it works.

• posted by Brett and Lynne
    on

hehe Doddi,

yep – carbs are sugar. Eat sugar (or drink) and you crave MORE. It is a vicious cycle.
    We have now found our taste buds again and love this ‘clean eating’. Doing groceries is not a chore anymore.

Good luck and see you at the 8 week line……… yes 2-3 litres of water per day. If you feel cravings or hungry at any time – have more water………..it works

Lynne

• posted by Patsy
    on

Once you’ve lost the weight, wine is allowed. If you can, avoid it while trying to lose weight as it’s not only quite high in calories but also makes us more likely to snack.

btw, 3 glasses of wine is almost half your daily calorie allowance on this plan, so yes if you have that as well as the food and then add an extra handful of nuts it will make a big difference.

• posted by Doddi
    on

To Brett & Lynne.

Thanks for you respond.
    Congratulation to you both with your big weight loss.
    Doddi

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Doddi – good luck on your journey!

Just want to add that it’s really important to do some measurements and/or photos, as I’m continually finding that measuring weight loss is unreliable, and can discourage you if you’ve got a weight target and focus on that.

I’m losing inches all over (just got into another too-small pair of jeans this morning), but weight doesn’t seem to match necessary. And someone here recently posted that she’d not lost the pounds she’d thought, but had gone down 3 dress sizes.

So really do those measurements and you WILL see the difference. If the scales agree, then great, but if the inches are going who really cares?

• posted by Doddi
    on

Hi Igorasusual,

Very kind of you to answer me, I have done some measurements, and have no goal in kg”s, but in waist measurement.
    Lovely that could fit into a smaller pair of jeans.

• posted by Lea50
    on

Thanks Lynne,
    for sharing your snack ideas. I have been having some nuts occasionally, seems to feel like carbs and quite satisfying.
    Good to hear about your husband and his diabetes, I am in the same boat and hope for a similar outcome.

Please log in or register to post a reply.