New member – 2 weeks into BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DeutschDirekt
    on

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d register and introduce myself and give my experience so far.

I was 88kg, 182CM tall, just over 50 years old. Reasonably active, jogging 3 times a week. Blood sugar top end of normal, BP top end of normal. So wanted to make some changes before it becomes even more difficult.
    Started 2 weeks yesterday and after the first 2 days have found it surprisingly easy to keep to around 800 calories – sometimes drifts to 850 or so. In fact now I find it difficult to think how I could consume a whole lot more!

So what has been the effect – I’ve lost 6kg, BP has come dramatically down and lost 2CM off my waist. My blood sugar has been the most difficult to change, it hovers still around the 6-7 throughout the day and occasionally above 7 and touching 8 after eating despite really low carb meals and drops rarely below 6 even overnight. So, I guess time will tell on this.
    Also, weight loss in the first week was dramatic, about 5 kgs, but only 1 kg in the second week. Whilst I’m not disappointed it does seem strange.

Anyway, I’ll hopefully use this as motivation to keep going although I’m not necessarily struggling at the moment but it is difficult with a family who want to eat whatever they like!

Best wishes everyone!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi and welcome DeutschDirekt. That is a great discard so far and you are definitely heading in the right direction. When you say low carb how low do you mean. Most on here that are T2 stick with just 20g if carbs per day, but others find they discard well by eating 30-50g of carbs a day. My blood sugars were 5.8-6 when I started, I am not diabetic but I was well on my way to being prediabetic and having had diabetes when I was pregnant knew I stood more of a chance of becoming it again, I was actually warned by the doctors at the time that this would be very likely to happen. Both my auntie and my Nan had/have diabetes and my aunt lost half her leg a few years ago because of it! I am 44 and very overweight so took it upon myself to try this way of eating. My bloods are now 4.1 which is well in the normal range and I have discarded just over two stone in weight in the time I have been doing it. Like you my first weeks discard was amazing I lost half a stone in three days of giving up all processed carbs! I know most of that was water but it gave me the incentive to continue. What my waffling is trying to say is make sure your water intake is at 3 litres a day and have a look at the amount of carbs you are consuming. There are a lot of longtime BSDers on here who are a lot more knowledgeable than me and I am sure they will be along shortly to help you. More information of your foods and daily eating would gives them more to work with and be able to give you the advice you need. We have a weekly thread where you will find everyone called ONE WEEK AT A TIME why not jump over there and let us know the extra information. Also if you use the search bar in the top right hand corner you will find lots of questions similar to yours and the helpful answers. This forum has been invaluable to me and everyone so you have made the right choice in coming here. Good luck on your journey and know we are all here and cheering each other on. Birdy 💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.