New here… feeling hopeful!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarahs999
    on

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi. I always find forums like this very supportive and a good way to stop myself falling off the wagon! I’m 45, work from home around childcare (writing and baking) and have put on an insane amount of weight in the past three years (about 6 stone). Impressive, huh?! It’s all emotional baggage tied in with things I’ve been dealing with, and deeply infuriating as I thought I’d got it all under control (got to goal weight on Alevere plan about six years ago and kept it off for three years). I even kept slim during my pregnancy! Coming out the other side of bereavements, house move, renovation and parental illness now, and feeling like I can do this. Husband is doing it with me; my biggest challenges are my work (baking cakes and not licking my fingers), trying to cook for a growing family without sneaking carbs, and my neighbour, who is wonderful but loves to pop round with a bottle of prosecco!

I should be writing so I’ll go now. Looking forward to meeting you all.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello Sarahs999.

Like you, I’ve just started. Well, I started, fell off, restarted, fell off, restarted, fell off. I’m 71 and don’t want this familiar dieting pattern to dog me for the rest of my life. So, no more doing this silently. I’m out of the dieting closet and sharing my food journey.

Today is my DAY 1: This morning 66.9kg ; FBG 6.1. I ‘m not diabetic and determined not to become so. I don’t think I could face my Diabetes Type 1 son if I allowed my self indulgence to develop into Type 2.

B. Apple, cinnamon and FF Greek Yoghurt (Jalna)
    L. Left over Baked Beans on Corn Thin, topped by grated cheese, toasted on the sandwich maker. Coffee with skim milk, lactose free
    Snack. 1 cheese (Bega Stringers – kept in fridge for grandson)
    D. Rice, quinoa, sauce with Thai flavours, Tuna in springwater.

Drinks during the day are green tea or herbal tea, current favourite is Lemon & Ginger, or water.

Heavens, I’ve just seen that it totalled 512 calories! Carbs 53.6. I’m not so hungry that I’ll have to eat before bed and that will make a change to will have to be aware. I will eat more tomorrow, it wouldn’t be a good thing to eat that few calories too often.

Today was also notable for the fact that I sat down at one of my usual coffee shops in the local centre and ordered ONLY GREEN TEA. Usually I have that plus cake, followed by icecream or chocolate in the car on the way home.

Good luck to us all xx

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hi there to you too and thanks for the thumbs up for this project. I too have struggled with my weight at times then had it under control for long periods before something, yeah like a pregnancy etc, would set me off again. So here is to some serious hard work, some difficult changes and some good results !

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good Evening all. Heading towards 10.00pm here in Perth, W.A. It has been a stunning early winter’s day here – mostly sunny, high temp of 19, probably about 9 overnight. Went for a walk along our nearby beach after the gym, instead of using the treadmill. Save that for rainy days. OH has been a bit shaky after recent TIA, not wanting to go out, but today he also went for his usual walk. Yay!!

So BSD Day 2:

66.3kg down by .6kg.
    FBG 5.1 I usually monitor every few days

B. more like morning snack after gym 1/2 lge apple, sprinkled w cinnamon, heated in microwave; natural sheep milk yoghurt (new one for me, really like it); Lemon & ginger tea…..89cal 11.6g carb

L. large salad which included avocado and cottage cheese, sprinkled with dried Italian Herbs; coffee w LF milk, the only coffee of the day….162cal 12.9g carb

A/noon snack Bega cheese stringer…..59cal 0.1g carb

D. huge pile mixed veg; poached egg; cheese; 1/2 seeded bread roll (knew the cals were going to be v low, my excuse anyway) butter….356cal 24g carb

Total 667cal 48.6g carb

Not hungry, smiling….

Goodnight, sleep tight

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello fellow posters, just catching up.

DAY 3 June 17th

66.1kg .2kg down, that’s ok

B. Late, after walk. 1/2 apple cooked, with cinnamon & natural sheep milk yoghurt

D. Grilled fish, &, confession time, chip shop chips. But at least many fewer than usual. I’m not expecting perfection, just an honest effort

Snack. Cheese x 1 Stringer

Total 1052 cal 108.6gm carb

DAY 4 June 18th

65.9kg .2 kg down despite yesterday’s overs or maybe the low couple of days prior.

B. Late, after gym AntiOMix Berries, + cinnamon, Nat sheep milk yoghurt

A/tea with elderly mother & 2 of my sibs. 1/2 lge scone w butter, litres of green tea
    Stressful afternoon++, reverted to type, stopped car at my fav shop, bought choc coated macadamias, ate them by myself in the car on the way home. Only saving grace, like the chips, had many fewer than usual.

D. Poached egg grilled small tomato, m/waved broccoli, cauliflower

Keeping up with my fluid intake

Total 972 cal 88.8g carbs

2 steps forward 1 1/2 steps back. I’m staying here…….

Please log in or register to post a reply.