New here. Day one in the bag

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MrX
    on

Hello. Giving this a go. Have been reading around the science the last couple of days and I think I have grasped what I need to do. It will be a massive change. I already understand food and food labelling so much better and appreciate that this is not just about the calories but the carbs.
    I have bought some food scales and have a plan as to what I can and will eat and when. Today has gone ok.
    I have read the forums with interest. They have been very helpful.

Mr X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Most people on the forum do not see all new threads, they tend to stick with the main threads on the forum. There are three threads that you may find helpful.

Each week starting on a Tuesday.there is a new thread where people gather to discuss their issues and set themselves targets for the week. – That thread has a full mixture of newcomers to those who have achieved their targets and stay on the forum to pay back the assistance received from others when they started. The date is in the heading.

If you like looking at the science behind this way of eating then the take a look at this thread will interest you. – Its where we all post links to interesting articles or podcasts. – I would suggest going back a couple of years and then working your way forward. There are some helpful researchers who started with podcasts on the basics with more recent podcasts that go into more detail on aspects of the science in their more recent podcasts.

Last but not least there is the positives thread, where people take time out to list the positives for that day.

Jump in to which ever suit you best, the forum provides a friendly support system for all.

• posted by MrX
    on

Thanks JGwen. I will look. I have spent a great deal of time here over the last couple of days and have found it very helpful.

Please log in or register to post a reply.