New girl on the block :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PBB
    on

Hi all, I am very excited to start my new journey to a healthier me. Day one started. Look forward to all your stories and suggestions. Motivation and consistency will be a challenge but all in all should be ok for 8 weeks. Just wondering if anyone can suggest an app or site on web that tracks your calorie intake in a no fuss and easy manner. I have used “spark people” in the past and find it pretty good. Other suggestions? all the best on all your travels… Pam ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

many people seem to use myfitness pal – I started off wasting a couple of hours creating a lovely complex spreadsheet, then switched over to myfitnesspal. (and allarmingly discovered I’d registered an account with them three years ago when I was 15k heavier!)
    there’s a similar one http://www.caloriecount.com which I’ve used in the past- both count a range of nutrients including fat and carbs,

the important thing to remember is that users add to the database – so you do get erroneous entries, If I enter something new, for me, I cross check the nutrients on the database with the packet or supermarket site for the item, just to ensure its accuracy.

• posted by PBB
    on

Thanks Frog ๐Ÿ™‚ I appreciate your help

• posted by Izzy
    on

I use fitbit, I think you can use this even without a fitbit lol.

Good luck with the next 8 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi PBB
    I use Easy DietDiary, I’m in Australia, not sure if you can get it elsewhere.
    Linda

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

I’m also using MyFitnessPal and love that it syncs weight with the Apple Health App. This is where I can also record BMI, BGLs and blood pressure, to track improvements over time.

Please log in or register to post a reply.