Needing support.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jo67
    on

I understand all about the diet, have read the book and my GP is supportive, but I do get depressed and then I binge eat!! I want to get my type 2 diabetes under control and my blood pressure down.

• posted by Izzy
    on

you will get lots of support here. You may also find you don’t want to binge as much once your carb cravings fade which is normally within the first week. Jump in it isn’t as hard as you think.

and if you do have a blip just jump right back in as soon as possible. If you do a search on ‘binge’ I’m sure someone started a diary a while back, and bing eater was in the title.

lots of us here who have done it, secret eating etc as well.

• posted by Jo67
    on

Thanks for your support. This is day one again. Weighed myself at 10st 12lbs, so watch this space.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Welcome on board! I am 5 weeks in and loving this Way of Eating! I was a total chocoholic and cake fiend but the foods in the BSD take away all my cravings for them because they take away the highs and lows caused by sugar. Th e first couple of days may feel weird while you adjust but I bet you will not even be hungry by the end of week one. Take it steady, don’t beat yourself up if you don’t stick the regimen 100%, and look forward to feeling healthier and happier in a relatively short time span 🙂

• posted by General Dogsbody
    on

Depression is not easy to deal with, have been an emotional eater for years myself and now am pre-diabetic with high blood pressure and am menopausal!!! When I get the Mega Munchies I try to have a glass of water, usually hot water and tell myself I cannot eat anything until I have drunk the water, washed and dried the cup and put away, usually by then those Munchies have left to go and bother someone else…hopefully not you! My hubby told me when I started this diet I would never stick to it so my stubborn side is saying ‘I will show you’. Good luck to you I know we can do this. Keep us posted.

• posted by Mermaid2
    on

I have just started 2 week and found the first few days really hard as love everything sweet, now not so much and don’t crave it just miss the lollies but that will change too and have lost 5lbs so that is really pleasing so just keep trying, had the book for 2 months before I really got serious. You can do it as great support on this site. You will not know yourself by week 2.Dianne

Please log in or register to post a reply.