need some help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by love4alan
    on

On the 5:2 diet how many calories and meals should you have on the 5 days not fasted? I’ve not started yet looking into a bit of research first, all help is appreciated 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

There are no calories specified for the five days but you are supposed to still follow the med principles, so low carb, Hugh fat and moderate protein, as far as I understand it.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello love4alan, when the 5:2 was introduced the 5 days were normal eating days and the 2 days were only 600 cal days. Over time the 5:2 developed into the now 8weekBSD and that became Fast 800 for those of us who were not diabetic or nearly so. As Janet1973 says its about the Med style eating and lifestyle changes where it succeeds. 5:2 is just a slower way to get the same results in the longer term. The principles should lead you to question what you are eating and why. Good advice is to read the labels and ditch the high sugar foods. It is a low carb regime that is easy once on it but maybe harder to get started. We love it and it is not hard now, in ninth week here.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Are kippers ok the frozen ones usually with knob of butter in plastic bag
    There’re oily,I think
    Cheers folks Alan

• posted by Janet1973
    on

No, they are not an oily dish I don’t think. They are smoked haddock aren’t they? But that’s ok, any fish is good and the butter is fine too.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Nah kippers are smoked herring and I think they are classed as an oily fish, but delicious anyway.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Love4alan, welcome to the forums. If you are a British citizen please could you sign our petition?

As the others have said on 5:2 your 5 days should be an appropriate number of calories for age/gender/ but still be based on the med style diet.

Good luck 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.