Need help!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Puneet
    on

I recently had started this diet and was doing well(I think). about 10 days ago i had a surgery (Sinus and septoplasty). Since then my sugar is out of whack. i did have two days of binge eating(all wrong stuff). But since then I have been very serious with my diet. for some sugar continues to be high. Getting a bit worries as sugar is really high. any suggestions.

Help please.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

I see that no one has replied. First don’t panic, believe it will work . Do as much exercise as you can,drink water .I prefer green tea but whatever fluids.Some say extra protein and healthy fats helps. Start to track your food and be very strict,don’t guess.If you do this for a week you should be Ok . I have found that if I treat myself with food it will prevent progress and takes a while to get things back to progress. good luck.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Just to add to the above, as a nurse on a post surgical ward we would often see people’s blood sugars going hay wire. Don’t worry, if you stick to the principles it will stabilise and no harm will have been done.

Good luck!

• posted by Puneet
    on

Thank you for your comments. The sugar levels are coming down. But today again it was 9.7 in the morning. Will keep trying. thanks again.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Puneet,

You may find it helpful to read Bill1954’s thread ‘This has to work for me’. Bill has done a great job of documenting the highs and lows (sorry) of blood sugars throughout his journey. (Just type this has to work for me in the search bar top right hand side of the page.)
    Best wishes.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Puneet,
    Have you read Bill1954’s thread ‘this has to work for me’? Bill documents the highs and lows (sorry) of his blood sugars throughout his journey – very informative and helpful. If you type ‘this has to work for me ‘ into the search bar (top right hand corner of page) it will come up. This thread really does explain a lot about what’s happening to you while on the BSD.
    Best wishes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.