My new journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

looking forward to starting my BSD 800 journey on Monday. Bought the book today and taking a few days to get my head round the plan and do some shopping tomorrow in preparation. Back to work on Monday as well , having had 2 weeks off so will be more focused . i have about 56 pounds to lose and hoping this plan will give me a quick boost. I need some easy and filling breakfast ideas as im not a fan of smoothies first thing in the morning,and some interesting lunches that i can pack for work – i am not a big lover of just a bowl of salad so usually add all the wrong things to it to make it enjoyable and satisfying. looking forward to some ideas and hearing your success stories. Thanks

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Welcome kirstyvic

I wonder if all the ‘wrong’ things you added to salads were actually all the right things. If you are taking about mayonnaise or salad dressings – good news! You can have those things on this programme. Tell us what things you would normally have and I bet you can probably have them, its the carbs like pasta, potatoes and bread you need to ditch.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Welcome kirstyvic,

If you like eggs, then pretty much anyway you like of those for breakfast. Smoked salmon and poached eggs. bacon rashers, egg, grilled tomato, mushrooms. Frittata to take for lunch. The possibilities are endless. There are loads of recipes on here. For me, I’ve not used any in the book at all. I tend to use my own recipes adapted for the BSD,

• posted by jimnz
    on

kirstyvic

Welcome to your journey. I am at a similar stage. For breakfasts, I have been eating eggs with either grilled mushroom or grilled tomato. That is enough for me.
    For scrambled egg, I put break one egg into a bowl, add some parsley, a spoonful of cottage cheese, pinch of salt, grind of black pepper, tablespoon of milk, and, sometimes, half a teaspoon of garlic powder. I use one of those stick blenders to blitz it all and then pop it into the microwave for a series of 20 second bursts. On other occasions, I vary the process and make the mixture into an omelette
    Meanwhile, I take a portobello mushroom, add a splash of olive oil in the cavity where the stalk was, season it and place it under the grill. For variation, a tomato, sliced in half can be used in place off the mushroom.
    Eaten slowly, I find this is a delicious and satisfying breakfast.

Keep up the progress my new friend.

Jim

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

i do really enjoy potato salad and pasta with pesto on but i do feel motivated and realise that they are not good for me . Thanks for the help .

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

thanks for the advice , i have been enjoying instant porridge with fresh blueberries in for breakfast so i may change to eggs on a few mornings and fruit with yogurt on other days.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hmnn, have you checked the carbs on those instant porridge mixes? MM says rolled oats are fine, although even those are too carby for me. Check for added sugars in your porridge Kirsty, you may need to rethink there.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

You could put your pesto on courgetti and other vegetables. I really like tuna mayo with sweetcorn and salad, sort of fills that potato salad hole. And for the first time ever – coleslaw is back on the menu!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Spirit’s got a good point about the porridge.

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

thanks for your help and advice. i am currently writing down some meal ideas for next week and have been through the book and compiled a shopping list for tommorrow.

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

im ditching the porridge

• posted by kirstyvic
    on

the pesto courgetti sounds wonderful – thanks for that .

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Keep us up to date with your progress, especially if you find some dishes you can recommend!

Please log in or register to post a reply.