My journey on the BSD so far = Blood test results back today.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jabbygirl
    on

I was diagnosed as being borderline pre-diabetic around 18 months ago with blood tests showing HbCA1C at 43 and Glucose level 6.00. I have been overweight most of my life and must have tried every diet going (even the really stupid ones!) When I started the BSD on 2nd May I weighed in at 121.2 kg. Today I weigh 110.00 kg. I have had a few weeks where the weight loss has been amazing, some weeks the loss has been minimal and some weeks where I have stayed the same. However I have only had one week where I have put on 0.4 kg (about a lb) I have tried to stick to 50g carbs a day and 850 calories a day. I haven’t always managed that. Some days I have been hungrier than other days and have eaten more. I have also ‘fallen off the waggon’ on some days. However I climb back on and start the journey again the following day. Somethin I have never managed before on other diets. I think this must be because my head is in the right place at the moment and I like most of the food that I can eat on this diet. My husband has joined me on the diet, although his goal was to help me and to lose 6.35 Kg (around a stone) I realise how lucky I am for his support as those who have a family or a partner (not on a diet) have a very hard task. I didn’t have a set goal other than to chip away at the 45 kg (7 stone) I felt I was overweight by and hopefully improve my blood test results. I still have a long journey ahead of me but I feel confident I can do this. I can now cope with the disappointing weeks. Physically and mentally I feel so much better.

If you are struggling, having a bad day or week, are feeling disappointed at your results, please stick with it. Don’t be hard on yourself. I have a small bar of chocolate every Saturday night. Some weeks that has been my light at the end of a tunnel. Find your light ! Good luck everybody.

My blood results today were HbA1C = 40 Glucose = 4.8

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done jabbygirl – great results.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Fabulous to hear, Jabbygirl. Very very very well done – inspirational! 🙂

• posted by lab
    on

Well done jabbygirl, my hba1c has drpped from 48 to 42 since feb. I try and do my blood sugars at work to see how they are and have seen my daily readings come down.

So congratulations and keep on! X

• posted by jabbygirl
    on

Thanks everyone. Well done Lab a great achievement xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.