my fitness pal variation in calories ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi i have been logging my recipes into the myfitnesspal word for word from the recipe book and the calorie/carb total always comes out more on the app than the numbers listed next to the recipe in the book ? I dont know which calorie/carb total i should be counting, the app equates to more than my planned recipes and i am worried that this maybe why my weight loss has plateaued, has anyone else noticed this ?

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Hi
    I sometime find that the entries listed don’t agree with what I am looking for – sometimes members have added them wrongly or just different manufacturers vary. If I am stuck I add my own food entry with the correct figures in. You can make these public or not. Sometimes I will add a food, make it private and call it by something I will recognise next time.

Hope this helps.

• posted by Granny Jones
    on

Right from first getting this book – which I love – and following the diet – which, again, I love – I’ve had issues with the calories given for each meal/recipe. I’ve used several apps, and manufacturers own nutritional info, and some of them in the book, can be almost double what is shown. I use very accurate, digital scales, and whilst yes, I’ve been losing weight, it’s only because I’ve been revising down, the amounts shown, to fit the calculations.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hubby and I have been following the BSD since the 1st October. We have both lost weight, not diabetic and have both plateaued during this time. My weight has now slowed down because my thyroid is haywire and hopefully will improve once the medication kicks in. Not felt so well in years. Husband has steadily lost weight. He eats more nuts than me and also has fruit if he fancies it. He also has oats every day for breakfast. I have tried my fitness pal and another one but have found them both to be a faf I gave up and just follow the book. Swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

Please log in or register to post a reply.