My first day today.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Stated the 8 week BSD component today. Lets see how we go! Good luck me, good luck everyone

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

Excellent decision! I am one week in and my pants are getting loose already.

You won’t need luck ๐Ÿ™‚
    OP

• posted by Leanne
    on

hello iv been reading up all weekend about the blood sugar diet. I was going to start Monday but iv just been shopping and bought lots of lovely fresh veg and meat etc and I’m ready to go as of tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ my exercise bike has been looked out and dusted off and is now ready to go lol . cant wait till my pants start to fall down haha ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I am almost at the end of week 3 and barring the odd hunger pang and hitting a bit of ick a plateau, it’s been much easier than I thought to stick to the diet. Make sure to use the forums, as there’s lots of tips and support out there.

Good luck everyone!

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Thanks all –
    good luck Leanne!

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Good Luck Toofastblack

I have just completed my first week and have lost 5lbs! Very thrilled.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi all,

Tomorrow will be the start of week 6 for me so just 2 more to go – so far have lost 1st 11 lbs – my aim was to lost 2 stone in the 8 weeks. I think I will surely be able to achieve that…………..I can’t tell you how excited I feel – yes I was far too overweight which some of you won’t be, my blood sugars now are in the healthy range which they weren’t before I started even though I was on medication. I feel energised, more confident and I have been busy throwing away my ‘fat’ clothes which I never ever want to see again!

Yesterday I saw my grown up kids for the first time in weeks and my son was incredulous and said he hadn’t realised who I was to start with – joy upon joy!!!!

I still will have another stone and a half to lose after my 8 weeks is up BUT I really feel for the first time I have found a diet which works for my body and which I actually really enjoy. My favourite meal which my husband and I (he’s lost 1 stone by half doing it with me!) is the aubergine receipe for week 1 dinner – we have this every Monday as we just love it.

Haven’t been tempted with anything carb at all – have been staying away in hotels most weeks and still manage to eat carb free but have consumed more wine than I should have. Only exercise has been walking the dog.

Have plateaued for 1 week and got passed that…………last week lost 3 lbs and heading that way for this week – roll on tomorrow’s weigh in – for me (experienced dieter) I can tell you that 6 weeks in and still losing 2-3lbs per week is frankly astounding, normal diet would now be about 1/2 lb a week if you’re lucky so am delighted! Yes the weight loss has massively dropped but I rarely step on the scale and don’t see a drop of some kind – I weigh every morning at the same time.

Keep going everyone and enjoy the results!!

Ps bought a spiraliser which my husband enjoys using – courgettes so pretty

• posted by Cassie
    on

Day one tomorrow. I’ve removed any possible cheat food from the house and shopped and cooked all day. Prepared and raring to go. Too nervous to wonder and dream I may actually lose weight on this but I’m inspired by this forum and everyone’s had such great results that’s it’s got to work for me! Must have faith in this. Good luck all x

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Good luck Messyhen

I cook a lot of the daily meals for my wife and two small children – including all the breakfasts – so I’m surrounded by carbs! Just last night my wife baked delicious chocolate-dipped coconut and apricot jam cookies for the kids. Can’t have a single one!

But I’m motivated. And as I type I’m on the morning of day 4 (Monday). scales say 3.6 Kgs (just short of 8 pounds??) down from Friday AM. That’ll be mostly water I know, but it’s still weight I’m not carrying – and an indicator that the lack of carbs intake is driving a change in my body.

I have excellent blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. But I’m very overweight. So this is preemptive in terms of prediabetes or type 2 diabetes into the future.

• posted by aussielou
    on

Hi Tofastblack
    Im in with you. Makes a lot of sense and I just watched Insight in SBS tv in Australia with Dr Mosley being interviewed and decided to follow the guidlines.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Great start Toofastblack! Amazing how quickly you get used to resisting carbs. Pretty soon the craving for them disappears altogether.
    Messyhen don’t be nervous, be excited to meet the new you and your new energy filled life ๐Ÿ™‚
    We are all in this together so there’s lots of support and encouragement here.
    Aussielou, lots of us on here now so if you need any advice about low carb foods in Australia or whatever just ask. All the best.

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

So yesterday marked one week. Bang on six kilos lost. I assume it will taper off to something more stable for the rest of the time, but that’s a good base from which to work! I’m finding it pretty easy hunger/cravings wise. Hardest thing is variety. I’m not so much following the recipes here, just drawing on a subset of ingredients and using myfitnesspal to judge portions and track calories and macronutrients

Been alcohol free for a week. I suspect that’s helping the weight loss!

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Hi Toofastblack,

That’s just fantastic news – very well done – what a motivator!!! Don’t assume it will taper off – you’ll be surprised – I’m just about to start week 8 and yes my loss has tapered off but only in the last few weeks to be fair. I suggest you do try the receipes, can’t recommend that highly enough as they are inventive, and quite frankly delicious and have been a saving grace for me……………..we have the stuffed aubergine every Monday evening as we love it so much ooh and the prawn curry which I’ll add bok choy to.

Well done!

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

So yesterday marked the end of week two. I dropped 2kg. Which makes 8kg in total thus far. I’d love to average that for the remaining six weeks, but even one a week for the net six would be fantastic. I set myself a target of 16.2kg (to achieve a nice round number). But I’d take 14.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great result Toofastblack. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Toofastblack, numbers tend to mean less as you progress, but, picture that 8kg as packets of lard and you will see that is a massive amount to lose. You should be very proud of yourself, you’re on track to where you want to be.
    Doesn’t really matter if it takes a few extra weeks when it’s the rest of your life at stake does it ?
    Looking forward to seeing you get to the finishing line as a very happy BSD’er

• posted by hashimoto
    on

toofastblack, Bill is right, visualise all those blocks of lard. Even better on your next trip to the supermarket put 8kg of lard in your trolley, that’s 17.6 lbs. That would make 35 half pound blocks of lard!!! If you see it for real you will be stunned at how much fat you have lost. Perhaps we should all do that!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Tallyho, you have joined captainlynne and myself with the ditching of ‘fat’clothes ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

I’m not undeterred, I’m very pleased with the results thus far. Today marks end of week 3. Lost 2.2kg this week, for a total of 10.2kg so far. Very happy with that. I don’t have blood sugar or diabetic problems, but am obese. I debated skipping the 8 week fast and starting the 5:2, but decided to “fast track” the weight loss. I’m pleased I have.

Like I say, even 1kg a week from here on in would not upset me. That would be 15 kgs in 8 weeks. Who wouldn’t be happy with that? Another couple of weeks of 2 per would be an absolute bonus!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi All โ€“ if you havenโ€™t already done so, please check out the โ€˜Please Sign Our Petitionโ€™ thread on the forum and sign the petition if you agree the government needs to look again at their new programme to tackle type 2 diabetes. Thank you

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Four weeks in. Half way! Another 1.4kg this week, 11.6kg (25.5lbs) total. I’m so pleased. This is giving me such a good base to head into the 5:2 phase in four weeks time.

As I said last week, I’ll take 1kg a week from this phase – so another 4kgs would be fantastic.

Hope everyone else is enjoying it and getting results.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Toofastblack,

What great results! What an inspiration you are.

I’m Day 2, Week 2 and soooooo happy with the BSD way of life. Isn’t it encouraging to know that after the 8 weeks there’s the 5:2 and so on? It gives us all a plan and goals.

Enjoy.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great results toofastblack! That’s amazing weight loss in just 4 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Thanks everyone. I should perhaps give some context to my numbers. I started at 116.2kg – which is over 18 and a third stone?? my BMI was 37.9.

So I’ve lost 10% of my body weight so far. I’m as of right now 104.6kg (16 and a half stone) BMI is 34.2.

Goal weight target for end of 8 weeks was to hit the even 100. Might Get close to that, depending on the last four weeks

Next goal after that is 91kg (BMI of 29.9 – ie merely overweight not obese – lol).

Long term goal (aspiration) is 80kg.

• posted by Beverley
    on

Congratulations on your half-way in results – that’s an awesome amount to lose over 4 weeks and really encouraging for myself who started at 110kg (104kg 10 days in). I am super confident we’ll both reach our long term goals. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

End of week 5 weigh in this morning. 102.8kg, so -1.8kg for the week, -13.4kg (29lb?) so far.

The weekly “splits” have been

Week 1: 6kg (a lot of water of course)
    Week 2: 2kg
    Week 3: 2.2kg
    Week 4: 1.4kg
    Week 5: 1.8kg

Three weeks to go and on target to hit my hoped for goal of the even ton.

Keep going guys. It works.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

You’ve had a cracking few weeks TFB, Just a pound behind me and I’m on week 11
    I have no doubt you’re going to hit that target so well done ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

End of week 6 weigh in this morning: 101.4kg. That’s -1.4 for the week and 14.8kg total lost.

As discussed in other threads I’ve decided to double down and do 16 weeks of 800BSD. Or 91kg – whatever comes first.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good going TFB! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by poppsie57
    on

22nd April 2016

HELLO !
    I too have begun the BSD 8 week diet today.
    I have read the book, bought my ingredients and visited my GP for approval to start.
    In 8 weeks time, I have my 6 mth visit with the diabetic nurse. I really hope to see some change.

Tonight, I must admit I am hungry, does this get better?

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Yeah, it does. Pretty quickly too.

Drink lots of water too.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi poppsies, welcome to the forums and the BSD way of life!

You have definitely made the right decision and yes, it does get easier, much easier! Just give it a few days and you will feel better and have tons of energy! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by poppsie57
    on

Thank you for that welcome. I am looking forward to the extra energy.

• posted by poppsie57
    on

That is good to know. I already drink lots of water, so will continue with that. Thanks for the advice.
    I have been reading your posts and you are doing very well. Congratulations.

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

A few hours late with the post. End of week 7 weigh in today.

100.4kg – loss of 0.8 this week. My ” worst” week yet. Reflecting that I’ve been on it a while, and also that I had my first “bad” day, involving alcohol, mid week.

Still. That’s 0.2kg shy of 16kg lost in 7 weeks. Chuffed!

(In case anyone wonders why all my weights are in 200g increments – my scales record to the nearest 0.2 only (digital scales)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi TFB, my scales measure in increments of ounces so I wasn’t surprised by yours!

16 kg in 7 weeks is something to rejoice about! Well done you! ๐Ÿ™‚
    That’s 2 and a half stones to us old fashioned Brits!

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

So yesterday marked the end of my 8 weeks. “End weight” 98.8kg. That’s 1.4 for the week and 17.4kg for this phase. That means I lost 15% of my starting body weight – which was 116.2kg. My bmi started at 37.9 and is now 32.3. My body fat percentage (as unreliabily measured by my tanita scales) started in the high 30s and is currently 29.5%.

Really pleased with that in absolute terms. But if I ignore that, and look at it as it stands – I could do with losing some weight! So I’m starting another 8 weeks again, starting yesterday.

I’ll start a new thread, to keep things separate.

Thanks to everyone that encouraged and supported along the way. Good luck to you all.

See you in my new thread.

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

For the record, my 8 weeks went thus:

Week 1: 6kg (a lot of water of course)
    Week 2: 2kg
    Week 3: 2.2kg
    Week 4: 1.4kg
    Week 5: 1.8kg
    Week 6: 1.4kg
    Week 7: 0.8kg
    Week 8: 1.6kg

That should add to 17.4kg but it doesn’t. So I’ve got a week wrong somewhere. Lol.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi TFB welcome to the veterans club ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lauren
    on

Fantastic results for your first 8 weeks!

Best of luck for the next 8 ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.