My first day!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Queen Chrissy
    on

Its going OK. I decided to do the 800 calorie diet as My recent blood tests showed I am 1 point off the diagnosis of pre-diabetes.
    I’ve been wanting to lose weight for a while now so that result gave me the kick I needed! I am feeling tired this afternoon, but otherwise surprisingly good. My challenge will be tonight as I usually have a couple of glasses of wine when I get home from work- will see how my will power holds out, feeling confident so far 🙂

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Queen Chrissy,
    Welcome to the forums and the BSD way of life.
    The positive thing from your post is that you acknowledge that no wine may be a challenge.
    When you get home from work tonight you could substitute sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime. Whatever you end up drinking on your return from work, have a zero calorie drink plan in place and hopefully that will fill the gap where the wine usually is.
    Best wishes for your BSD.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Best wishes from me too.

Re the wine, just a word of warning. I have tried to avoid wine for my 8 weeks but last week had a get-together with old colleagues at a restaurant.

I had calculated in a glass of red to my calories for the day, but they were drinking white (more calories, who knew?) and of course had more than a glass.

My food was good – scallops and smoked salmon, two starters – but on the way home I started to want more to eat and bought a wrap (425 calories!) and then had two slices of bread and butter at home before going to bed!

I can only think that the wine triggered off the munchies.

So if you can, I would swerve the wine for this period, or if you don’t – just have something around to cater for any munchies which could follow. Some carrots? Other veg? Or some nuts but not too many?

Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.