My Fast 800 journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lewisfasters
    on

At 14st 12lb and 5ft 7in I am an obese 42yr old woman with a BMI of 32.5.

My healthy weight range is 8st 6lb to 11st 6 lb, none of which I have read in my scales for over 25 years!

I’m a full time working mum of 2 boys (8 & 5)

I am:
    Depressed
    Overweight
    Exhausted
    Irritable
    – With an under active thyroid & 1 in 3 breast cancer risk ( due to family history)
    – a history of dieting all with varying success followed by a re-expanding waistline

I lead a busy life and use a Fitbit. My target is 12000 steps which I rarely miss. I frequently reach 15000 or more.

I need a fresh start!!

29 Sept 2016
    I started fasting.

• posted by Lewisfasters
    on

4th Sept 2016
    Day 7 of fasting

What a week!!! My while relationship with food has changed!
    I don’t crave sugary, carbs stodge.
    I have lost 8lbs.
    I have done 3 sessions of HIIT on my second hand cross trainer: 12 mins, 7mins & 9 mins.
    I have played badminton for 2 hours

I feel energised and inspired.

My husband joined the fasting on day 2 and is great at creating low calorie meals….. However not so great at calorie counting.

I’m drinking loads of water
    Suffering with a little insomnia tho.

The days:
    1) so motivated
    2) same as day 1
    3) felt more hungry today…..went to a family birthday gathering. Resisted crisps and cake at 5pm. Blooming starving too. ..๐Ÿ˜ณ . Stuck at it tho…… Feeling proud ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—. Head ache
    4) Returned to work after hols, anxious about staying resolute to Fasting! bad head ache ALL day
    5) feeling good 8lbs down. Out for family birthday meal…. Thai restaurant and booze ๐Ÿ˜
    6) enjoyed meal yesterday….. Didn’t calorie count and drank too much. Maintained weight loss this morning tho ๐ŸŽ‰
    7) going to plan more meals for week and post a lovely tuna lunch recipe at @200 cals on form. Awake from 3.30am tho!!!!

Bring it on week 2!

• posted by Lewisfasters
    on

Oops just realised….. I’m 41 not 42!!!!

Additional concern: forgetfulness ๐Ÿ˜‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Don’t worry Lewisfasters – once the full benefit hits you’ll start feeling 21! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lewisfasters
    on

Need some motivation!!! I have lost an amazing 11lbs over 2. weeks 3 days. I’ve started craving chocolate since starting work again after school hols (im a teacher) , im knackered and stressed. 10-12 hr work days are taking their toll and I’m starting my emotional relationship with crap food!!!! I’m finding weighing everything time consuming..,……. I have so little of it! I love the food tho

• posted by Avila
    on

Lewisfasters – some swear by weighing everything, I don’t. You can get an idea of portions and what it should be. And even if you were 900 a day it would have an impact – in the book MM says 800 was chosen as a good balance between speed of loss and having enough nutrients. So 800 a day might be a touch faster than 900, so if not weighing means some calorie creep each day then that is not end of the world.

If not weighing it all means easier to keep at it then I say don’t weigh, save some of your precious time. Chocolate is ok if high coca content so allow yourself some of that.

Please log in or register to post a reply.