My experience of the first 2 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kirstyjb
    on

Hey all.
    Thought I’d post my experience of the first 2 weeks to help / encourage others.
    I have to say this has been one of the easiest yet hardest diets to follow.
    Easy – the food is delicious and I genuinely have not felt hungry.
    Difficult – the prep. It’s very time consuming and you have to be organised. But it’s so worth it.
    My husband and kids aren’t following it so I’m making 2 different dinners and packed lunches.
    I also work shifts so had to tweak the menu plan in the book to fit in with my schedule.

Week 1:- lost 7lbs!!! And back in my healthy weight bracket! Was super chuffed and hadn’t suffered any ill effects….
    Week 2:- so work trousers feeling more comfortable already (I had the attractive muffin top going on 😱). Although I’d started to feel a little dizzy when bending over and then standing up. I know a few people have said its carb withdrawal but I believe mine to be low blood pressure. So decided to have a little snack of nuts when feeling like this.
    I also noticed some headaches, I’m a wimp with these so was taking paracetamol more often than I would have liked. I was drinking enough to water so knew it wasn’t that.
    Well after reading the book again, it says if you have either symptom add a little salt to your food.
    At the end of week 2, another loss, 3lbs.
    Supper chuffed.
    I had to get my husband to hide the scales as I was becoming obsessed!
    So that’s me so far, I’ve just walked past the mirror and can’t believe how much flatter my tummy looks already.
    Change for life.
    Good luck to those starting out.

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

Hi Kirsty can I ask you how much weight do you have to lose.
    Fantastic start well done you

• posted by Kirstyjb
    on

Thank you nomorepanic
    I started at 12st 2lbs. I’d like to get down to 10st 2lbs and then maintain that. I’m 5ft 7.5 so my weight bracket is quite large.
    I hold most of my weight on my tummy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.