MUSHROOMS .. what little miracles!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Tonight I was making a lamb curry but there was really not quite enough for two portions …. even very small ones! I found two king oyster mushrooms in the fridge so sliced them and added then to the curry.
    A revelation … the mushrooms held their shape and were actually better than the lamb!
    I’ve used all sorts of mushrooms in the past but they often ‘disappear’ however I found the king oyster mushrooms are really in a class their own.
    Any other vege alternatives would be really appreciated.

• posted by RubyG
    on

King oyster mushrooms are my favourite!
    I normally serve them alongside a nice piece of steak to balance out the calories on the plate, they are so tasty and filling and really good for this way of eating.
    I’ve not tried them in a curry yet though.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ruby yes I agree!
    King oysters were new to me this autumn but what a wonderful surprise!
    I try to use a little less meat in dishes and bulk out with veg. I often add puy lentils to bolognese or cottage pie, with cauliflower mash of course! I’d just love some more ideas of how to cut down on neat by adding vegetables.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ruby have you tried to get king oyster mushrooms lately. I don’t seem to be able to find any and just wondering if they are out of season?

• posted by PhyllisHeny
    on

Wow, after seeing your approach, I think I can try it out too

• posted by mornigstar
    on

mushroom

Please log in or register to post a reply.