Moving more

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aliba
    on

Hi all
    I was going to post on the exercise part of the site but don’t think it’s getting as many hits so thought I’d post here.
    As someone who works in an office based job and if I’m honest is a bit lazy I thought I’d share with you how I’ve managed to increase my steps. I monitor them via fit bit and have struggled in a normal day to get over 7k always citing the fact that I work v long hours, have an office job, no time, poor weather etc and I do more at the weekend.
    So I decided that every time I needed to make a phone call at work I would go outside and walk up and down while on the phone and if I needed to have a meeting with someone I would try to make it a walking meeting.
    Result is that I have managed to push my steps up to between 12 and 15k a day.
    Honestly hasn’t been difficult and I’ve hardly noticed I’m doing it….result!

• posted by liveinhope
    on

That is brilliant idea Aliba. Move move, move, that`s what i keep saying to myself. Allow some TV for an hour or two at night and the Rugby at weekends. Thanks for the ideas.

Please log in or register to post a reply.