Motivated and Measured in March

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Please feel free to join this thread if you are looking for inspiration and support to help you along your BSD/Fast 800 journey in March. We are a friendly bunch. Some of us have shared our journey for a few years and some of us are new to this way of eating, We are all at different places on your journey. Some are already there, some have been there and are back again and some of us are are hoping to get there!

My personal aim for Motivated and Measured March is to be strict and follow the rules! I achieved my goal weight in 2017, maintained for 2018 and went off piste in late 2019 and am currently trying to lose 10lb of excess fat that gradually crept on last year. I’ve found it difficult to shed the excess baggage. I plan to walk more and eat less during March. I will be back at goal in 2020.

My size 12 jeans will be my motivation along with my holiday in April and I’ll be measured in what I consume during March. What will be your motivation?

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hello. I’m new!
    Been loosely toying with this way of eating since last summer and i have seen some results. I’ve mooched about on here for a little while trying to find motivation and commitment. I’ve been “trying” since January to take this seriously but Ive struggled to keep it up for more than about 4 days. I’m ready to be serious and hopefully by joining in I can find my way!
    Interesting reading about exercise – Ive joined a gym and I’m doing a lot of classes, on top of an already fairly active life (horses) and I think I’ve struggled to control my eating at the same time – in all honesty, I probably used it as an excuse – “I’ve worked hard so i can eat something nice as a ‘reward'” – this mindset has to change, both the excuse and the idea of carbs being rewards!!
    My short term plan is full Fast800 until at least 7th April so this is a good thread to hopefully be part of. I have a fairly important horse comp 11th April and would love to drop a decent amount of weight to at least look the part!
    So roll on March – determined to be both motivated and measured – trying to see every day as an opportunity to step in the right direction. I know i will struggle!
    I also have a pair of size 12 jeans i want desperately to be comfortable in…..

Phewf – nervy posting for the first time and actually saying ‘out loud’ what i need to do to people i dont know but who know this way of eating is the right thing…..

on

A warm welcome WindyJulz – you’ll be in great company with us and hopefully we can all motivate each other to achieve our goals.

A lot of what you have said has resonated with me. I’ve been trying since January too and it’s been two steps forward and three back. This way of eating has definitely worked for me in the past. Trying my white jeans on was definitely a wake up call. I got rid of all my size 18 and 16 clothes when I lost my weight in 2017 and I am NEVER buying anything bigger than a size 12 ever again so I have to get back to basics.

You’ve made a brave step being open and honest and you will be glad that you have embarked on this way of eating because it definitely has worked for a lot of us. I will never be able to go back to my old way of eating. Low carb and fasting is definitely a healthy way of eating. We will all look forward to seeing your progress over the next few weeks.

• posted by freester
    on

Hi WindyJulz. I’m a keen cyclist and like you thought I could get away with exercise and eating what I want. For a long time I got away with it but as you get older it catches up with you. As my Dr said to me “you can’t exercise away from a bad diet”.

The WOE really works (for me 2 stone > 10% loss in 6 weeks on the 800 BSD). I am now in maintenance. For me a lot of it was a mental approach. I enjoy the food on the WOE. I didn’t sit there missing what I couldn’t eat. Just enjoyed what I could. Hunger pangs usually pass, I drink a lot of green tea, black tea and water. For the occasional serious hunger I would snack on things on plan, a few nuts, seedy crackers in the 800BSD recipe book.

Plan your meals for the week and shop just for the ingredients you need is my only other piece of advice…

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thank you!! Welcome much appreciated.
    Yes – planning – this is certainly an area of weakness especially if I’m tired or late in – toast is just so handy! Must make sure I have plenty of good things in . Evenings are when i struggle, generally do fine when I’m at work.
    Need to cope with a hunger twang and realise it is no big deal and doesnt mean i am hard done to….. and the answer to my woes is not in a loaf of bread or piece of cake!
    To be a regular size 12 which is maintained is the life goal – dont think ive been a size 12 since i was aged 12! Now 38.
    Looking forward to March!!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone 🙂 I’m starting f800 tomorrow! I did a vlcd several years ago and lost a lot of weight but poor health, loads of medication and phases of immobility have seen me gain a lot of the weight back 🙁 So, I’m ready to get started! I’ve been reading some great posts on here – looking forward to lots of positive motivation! 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, I’m back again for another round. Cathy I hear you re 2 steps forward and 3 steps back! I was doing so well in February and losing fairly steadily. Then a combination of things happened in my work and personal life, nothing major but enough for me to take my eye off the ball and the scales started to go the other way…. all in all I did weigh less at the end of February compared to the end of Jan but only a kilo. This means I’m now 2.6 kilos away from my next mini goal, so am going to try my hardest to get there in March as it didn’t happen in Feb!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I would just like a place to record this out loud….. Appropriately, I was weighed at the gym yesterday and despite upping my exercise since January I have lost a grand total of zero weight. This just confirms that i need to be focusing more on what i eat and that exercise is not an excuse to go wild and sneak in carbs. Muscle mass has improved but I need to really stick to the right foods. Would love to loose 12lbs+ in next 6 weeks….. is this realistic?
    I will weigh more often to maintain focus and not hide from the facts. Next PT at gym is in 2 weeks….hope to see some improvement by then.
    Really hoping following folk on here and being brave enough to post will make me a little more accountable and drive me forward. Everyone seems so knowledgeable and supportive. Heartening to see success stories but also that people struggle, sad to see some folk having a rough time as well.
    Currently spending 2 days in Norway with work. I left with a plan of what to eat, been here before so know the options and so far so good. Yogurt and apple from the hotel for breakfast (ignoring all the lovely bread on offer) DIY salad from Spar at lunch and planning on Tapas for dinner as can have small specific portions without the heavy carb sides…..
    I’ll be home in 28hrs.

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Hi all, I’m ready for a little March motivation! I can totally relate to you ClarinetCathy, I feel like February was a series of small weight losses then small gains, so only 900g loss for a lot of work in that month! HOWEVER, as it’s “measured “ March I have to really advocate the need to take measurements of waist hips etc each week too, as despite no big losses on the scales, I’ve lost 6cm off my stomach during February, which is very positive! So my goals for March will be small and hopefully achievable. 2kg weight loss, with 2cm loss from stomach and waist. Good luck to everyone!

on

SueBlue and Shoegirl
    Lovely to see you joining in with us for some motivation in March. I know we didn’t lose what we had hoped in February but a loss is a loss and hopefully with a positive mindset we can keep plodding on with our journey and get some more weight off.

EllieAllegra- this way of eating is healthy and effective, especially when we change from a low fat diet to low carb, healthy fat diet. I lost 17.5lb when I first embarked on this way of eating in the first 8 weeks and I was a slow loser. I lost about 4 lb per week in the first and second weeks and the things slowed down a little but the weight loss was consistent. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please let us know how you are getting on with this way of eating.

Freester- I am impressed with your maintenance- I really struggled to maintain my weight loss hence why I am plodding again. I put on a few pounds last year and am finding it so much harder to lose the weight than I did when I first started BSD Once I achieve goal again I will work hard to keep the weight off as I’m finding it really difficult at the moment and don’t want to be a perpetual dieter!

I am going to get weighed on Friday and use that as my March benchmark. I’m hoping to be near 142 by the end of March. I will have to get my act together!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks ClarinetCathy 🙂 I’m so excited to feel better! 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks, I have been watching some podcasts by Dr. Stephen Phinney for the benefit of newcomers he is one of doctors who has decades of experience in supporting athletes in being low carb, and has extensive experience of research into keto diets.

There was one point he made ClarinetCathy which I thought may those of us who struggle with success. He was talking about a program they worked with a group of people going keto for weight loss. Apparently there were 10 people on the program who followed the program but were not loosing weight. So they had a fortnight stay for them along with the doctors in a travel lodge. He was very specific that they were in a travel lodge with machines selling confectionery in the corridors not a lab or controlled environment. They found that the issue was a failure to add enough fat to their diet. So for example, they encouraged the group to have 4 or 5 oz steaks with their meal and then add pats of butter to the steak to get the fat percentage up. After this change within 4 days they started to discard weight.

From listening to about 3 hours so far of his podcasts (I will put a link up to them on take a look at this thread) I think that one of the potential problems with being a vegetarian and trying to be keto is that our diet is naturally lower on fat than it would be if I was a meat eater. – I am going to research adding coconut cream, and coconut oil to meals which will increase omega 3 levels as well as increasing the percentage of fat in my diet.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Very interesting JGwen 🙂 I sometimes add milled flaxseeds to things – they are rich in omega 3 (and a source of protein and fibre) and fairly tasteless so good to sprinkle on things….whilst being mindful of kcals of course (I always measure). Useful if you don’t want coconut flavour to a meal and cheaper than Chia seeds! 🙂 I used them a lot before starting BSD as I have immunity and nutritional deficiencies and am pleased to still incorporate them into the plan 🙂

• posted by Red-Riding
    on

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some advice from the seasoned experts in this WOE. My first 8 weeks comes to an end on Sunday and at my last weight in I had lost 42 lbs which I am absolutely ecstatic with. The end of my 8 weeks coincides with a return trip to my Dr for a blood pressure review. In December I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and that’s what started my on this path. Over the next 2 weeks I have a holiday, my birthday and 3 other close family birthdays. I want to relax my eating behaviour and have a break for at least 2 weeks before I start my next bout of F800. I’m looking for advice on what to follow during those 2 weeks. I’m very nervous as the ability to cook, weigh and measure my own food is taken away from me for most of that time. Prior to starting this I was a huge sugar addict and really don’t want to fall back into that trap. Any advice or guidance would be gratefully received? Oh the holiday is also a surprise from my husband so I have no idea where we are going, what board of hotel etc. My inner control freak, is freaking out! Help.

• posted by John Allard
    on

Hi to all fellow BSDers,

I’m a 61 year old with 2 deceased forebears who both were insulin-dependent. Hitting 101KG after a jolly good Christmas I suspected that despite having passed both an NHS and private medical I too might be heading the same way as them!

So I started an 8 week medically monitored BDS programme for 5 weeks and have been recording all my progress and the many initial beneficial changes. The metrics have included, Blood Pressure, Weight, Girth, BMI, Body Fat and Visceral Fat, plus blood sugar using real-time monitoring using a Libre View body attached sensor.

The first two weeks were spent gathering benchmarking data with my old lifestyle and it became clear I was pre-diabetic, suffering from hypertension, fatty liver and numerous symptoms of high blood pressure and prediabetes, like blurred vision and skin tags/psoriasis.

The last 3 weeks on BSD programme. One key factor that’s really helping motivate me is being able to see the actual fluctuations in blood sugar to what I eat and drink, plus the horrid realisation that I was already suffering night time hypos. At the same time, I am now using real-time monitoring to learn what carbs create blood sugar and which don’t. The most shocking item for me was brown wholemeal bread which I now avoid. The key thing is that each person will react differently due to the biome in their gut. One person I met who is a Type 1 diabetic goes to a conference in London where fellow diabetics all eat the same meal yet have very different reactions. So this says there is no perfect ‘one size fits all diet’, we are all different and you really need a window into your bloodstream to see what types of foods are good and not so good for you (plus what you enjoy) and then create a custom plan.

For me the result has been brilliant, I have without starving myself seen a significant improvement with 7KG weight loss and elimination and reduction in prediabetic ailments. I have been freed from having hunger pangs and snacking. I eat less but feel full for longer.

If anyone is interested in seeing the data then here’s a video with the actual measurements taken.

https://www.facebook.com/john.allard.393/videos/2802491076493576/

If you are really stuck for something to watch and there aren’t any of Michael Moslely’s brilliant educational wellness programmes you can see all 5 video blogs which describe the highs and lows of going onto my BSD lifestyle change.

on

Red-Riding – what an amazing weight loss you’ve achieved in 8 weeks. Congratulations- you must have been extremely focused. Now that you are used to this way of eating you have the tools to cope with holidays, birthdays etc. This way of eating is for life and as someone who has followed BSD since January 2017 I know that relaxing a little for celebrations, holidays etc doesn’t cause too much damage as long as you get back to basics as soon as possible. Like you I was nervous of how I would cope on holiday the first time I went away and to be honest, the weight came off very quickly when I returned back to this way of eating. I’ve never had a glass of beer since starting BSD and have eaten little bread/pasta and rice. Even when staying in luxury five star all inclusive accommodation I have stuck mainly to plan. I do enjoy a G&T and when I am on holiday I do have the odd ice cream or dessert. I had a break at Christmas this year and was surprised to find that I didn’t put on as much weight as I had expected to which was a nice surprise. I have always liked to give myself permission to have a break at holiday time, Christmas, birthdays etc. It makes this way of eating more sustainable for me but we are all different. I know that for me I can never go back to how I ate prior to embarking on BSD. It took me 10 months to lose 42 lb and It was hard work. We will never be able to go back to how we ate before but in my experience we can relax things a little without too much damage. I hasten to add that I am desperately trying to get some excess pounds off- I struggled with maintenance last year and am finding it more difficult to shed the excess second time round!!

on

I’ve been struggling a little this week if it am being perfectly honest. The Covid 19 virus has frightened me and as someone who is asthmatic and with a compromised immune system I have had fleeting thoughts of “what the hell” and today I ate some Maltesers at work! I didn’t get weighed this morning because I genuinely forgot it was weigh day. I feel as if I have wasted the first week of March! So it appears I’ve let the side down – my motivation has been seriously tested! Has the impending virus 🦠 derailed anyone else? It certainly has made me re-evaluate what is important.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi John Allard.
    Great to read you have done so brilliantly. Sounds like a whole new way of life has opened up for you. Good medical and lifestyle results. 🎈🥇🥇 keep on letting us know your progress.
    Merry

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

ClarinetCathy, just a wee thought on corona virus…. I’m a health, safety and risk manager and I’ve spent a lot of this week looking at business risks and virus management. Genuinely, there’s not a lot we can do in terms of what the virus will do but I’ve come to the conclusion that the best we can do as individual is eat well, have nutrient rich fools and have our bodies fit and ready to cope with the flu as we can. Remember this is ‘just’ a flu, even if you are in a higher risk category it’s flu, your symptoms may be a bit more severe but you’ll be ok. Don’t let the hype knock you off course. Eat for wellness.
    There’s loads of March left for you to be awesomely motivated.

• posted by shoegirl
    on

So proud of all the great losses here! Well done. My first week of March has been a little disappointing. I’m fasting with TRE on two days and following a low carb low calorie WOE for the other days. I’m eating good fats – avocado, Greek yoghurt etc so I feel like I’m doing the right thing but the scales showed a 100g gain! I’m down 0.5 cm on my waist so it’s a bit confusing. I’m going to weigh and measure myself every day for a week just to see if there are any fluctuations- maybe I’m weighing myself on the wrong day!
    Keep on going, ClarinetCathy!! Great advice from WindyJulz, I think the constant reporting is driving us all a little crazy!! Have a great week everyone!!

on

Thank you WindyJulz for your motivating post. I am going to consider the virus as a flulike illness and am doing all I can to boost my immune system to be at optimal levels when I get it. I am taking echinacea, high strength vitamin C and your advice about optimising nutrition has been taken on board. I’ve ordered an extra inhaler and am ready to deal with whatever the virus throws at me. I am retiring from work at the end of this month and have a holiday booked for end of April- we don’t know what is around the corner and one of my New Year Resolutions last year was to live more in the moment and not to worry about the past or the future so this would be an ideal time to try and be mindful and enjoy living in the the moment.

I’m off out to lunch with a good friend who turned 60 last week. We are going for champagne afternoon tea at The Midland Hotel in Manchester. This will be one of those rare occasions when I relax and enjoy mindfully before getting back on the wagon. Because I intend to follow his way of eating forever, I do allow myself time out occasionally for celebrations!

I’ll be back to basics next week.

Well done to everyone who has had a successful first week in March. I have found reading your posts inspiring and motivating. Have a great weekend everyone. Here’s to a healthy week ahead for us all!

Shoegirl- I reckon you’ll see a good weight loss on the scales this week. I have found that it takes two weeks for my weight loss to show up on the scales. I often had no loss on the scales but could visibly see where the weight was coming off and my clothes feeling loose. As JGwen says, the scales are not a true reflection of what is going on during our weight loss journey.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi CC, Over the last week I have watched a few podcasts by Dr Phinney about keto WoE. – He makes some interesting points about the clear connection between inflammation caused by a carb fueled diet and heart attacks, diabetes and all the other diseases that are considered to be comorbid with the virus. So hopefully, your years of eating low carb will help you should you become infected.

I do wonder what the level of press coverage on the virus is like in other countries compared to the UK. – Being a cynical individual, its so helpful to the government to have a reason for any economic downturn other than their handling of Brexit, that I do wonder if the coverage in the media in the UK is consistent with the level of focus in the rest of the world.

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

I’m in! Back from my very boozy holiday with a 6lb gain, confident it won’t be back for long! WK6 for me as not counting my holiday week and have lost 9lbs, starting weight 14st 13lbs. March will see me get to 13st something……
    Good luck everyone and thanks for the motivation!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone and well done to all our losers 😉 Some brilliant losses on here, special well done to John and also to Red-Riding (hope you’re managing to maintain but also really enjoy your celebrations).

I’m back from holiday too Gill33UK, and those extra pounds are beginning to drop off now my diet is getting back to “normal” again. Hope yours do too. My scales target for the end of March is again 140lb as I didn’t manage get there in February. But I’m actually more interested in seeing some inch movement as I have gradually gained fat round the waist and tummy over the past few months, and many clothes are starting to feel tight.

Keep going everyone and stay well. Thanks for the positive health advice JGwen and WindyJulz. Hope you enjoyed the champagne lunch Cathy X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Some very motivating posts on here – well done John and Red Riding 🙂
    I’ve been going well so far in March,
    I’ve lost 1.2kg so far so working towards discarding another 400g to reach my next mini goal.
    I’m sick of hearing about Corona virus tbh. It’s on the news, on social media, at work… I should be concerned I guess as I do have suppressed immunity (from medication) but I’m more worried about my elderly mother in law and my father, who begins chemo again soon. I’m just trying to be sensible – avoiding crowds, washing my hands regularly and eating well, also gradually stocking up on extra supplies (not going mad and panic buying though!) and making sure all my prescriptions are valid so I can get my regular meds without having to go to the doctors surgery for new scripts.
    I’ve been having more health issues and am now on yet another new medication – side effects include weight gain! Why do they rarely say weight loss 😂

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Hi all, I hope that everyone is staying well during this tough time. We cover a lot of the globe on these forums and we are united in wanting to stay strong and healthy for so many reasons. I hope that the good choices we are making re-foods will help our immune system or at the very least help us to feel that we can eat for our best health. Stay strong and keep posting!

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

Hi, still here, managed to shift 4lbs so now 14st, 8lbs to go tell I have lost 10% of my body weight and just 1lb tell I AM 13 stone something…
    Visiting my mum yesterday and she said how well I look and you can ‘really’ tell I have lost some weight, always gives you a boost. Another friend in Morrisons also commented, said last time she had seen me I looked really fat around my face, and now I looked great, she’s a northerner and doesn’t hold back the punches! She also does slimming world, it’s where I met her and she has lost 5 stone so she knows all about healthy eating.
    The heaviest I have ever been was 16st 2lbs.Mid December I weighed 15st 6lbs and lost 7lbs before I started the BSD through stress/long working hours over Christmas. I never took measurements when I first started but did in Week 4 and have lost 2 inches of my bust, 3 inches of my waist and 2 inches of my hips. Very much looking forward to buying size 16 jeans, just not quite there yet, although my18’s are baggy, that 8lbs should do it and that’s what I am aiming for in March, my first target set!
    Have a great second half of the Month All.

• posted by shammy
    on

Hello all, starting back on bsd, has anyone tried red lentils on this diet? I have loads of red lentils !

thanks xx

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi shammy, I am vegetarian, so I do eat lentils. They are one of the lowest carb legumes. That being said, I usually only have them once or twice a week and mix them with lots of low carb veggies in curries or salads. I have lots in at the moment right now too. Which is good because there has been a run on legumes at the supermarket, tinned and dried, so I wasn’t able to get any more or any other types of beans this week!

• posted by shammy
    on

thanks arcticfox I haven’t seen any recipes with red lentils just green ones I thought they might be banned on bsd xx

• posted by John Allard
    on

Hi everyone, all the above results are a ray of light and goodness in these dark days. I am continuing progress and now down another 1KG. For those of us over 60 the March push is now existential since as we decrease our weight, BP and diabetic risks we can increase our chances of surviving COVID-19.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well said shoegirl 🙂 I’m trying to stay well and avoiding crowds as I have lower immunity (due to my auto immune disorder). It’s becoming increasingly harder to get groceries now here where I am in Sydney. My butcher had completely sold out of all meats except chicken when I was there yesterday morning. But I did see Quorn mince and chunks on sale in the supermarket so got those instead – I already eat a lot of plant based foods even though I’m not vegetarian so it looks like I’ll be stepping that up. I’m trialling a fruit and veg delivery service next week so we’ll see how that goes.
    John and Gill well done on your losses 🙂 I was 400g from my next mini-goal but then put on again and have now lost most of the temporary gain and now 500g from goal – I’ll weigh in tomorrow and see if I’ve been able to shift it.
    I’m on holidays from work until Easter, travel plans have been cancelled but I have a few things to do at home anyway,
    So going to use some of the time to cook some healthy meals and go for some walks. I’m relieved that I don’t have to commute on public transport for a while anyway.
    Hope everyone else is staying well 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

ClarinetCathy – hope you are doing ok. I just wanted to thank you as a while ago you mentioned the walking at home workouts on YouTube – I remembered them yesterday – perfect for exercising during this current crisis.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well here we are at the end of March, I’m sure none of us expected the events that have unfolded worldwide.
    I hope that everyone on the thread is keeping well.
    I must admit weight loss hasn’t been my main focus over the last week or so, but I have been trying to eat healthily. The end result for March for me was just under a kilo loss, with 900g discarded.
    Take care everyone x

on

Hi SueBlue

Lovely to hear from you and I echo all you say. At the beginning of this month I was on holiday with my main concern being would I manage to maintain despite a few days of likely overindulgence. And since then the world as we know it has completely changed! So hard to believe that so much has changed so quickly.

I do hope that everyone reading this is well and managing to cope during these difficult times?

I’m well and have everything I need for now. I’m concerned for my mother who is 91 and lives some distance away; but she is also managing fine for now. But there are times when I feel scared and anxious and, like you said Sue, weight loss is not a main priority right now. I’m focusing on keeping well and staying positive really. Now I’m getting used to being in lockdown I want to start getting my act together in terms of not comfort eating, and also doing a bit more home-based exercise. It’s just taken me a while to adjust to the new normal: I’m sure we all feel the same, so am sending a big virtual hug to you all.

ClarinetCathy how are you? I hope that you are ok. I’ve been thinking of you as I know you are due to retire around now and also had a holiday planned. I hope that you are well and that once all this is over you can have the holiday that I know you were so looking forward to. Do let us know you’re ok!

I’m not sure if we are all in the mindset to want an April monthly thread right now? Though I would really like to keep in touch with you all! And we will definitely get going again once all this is over? An 8-week post CV marathon! For now I will probably hop over to the weekly thread : unless anyone would be interested in some kind of general “keeping in touch” thread?

Stay safe and well everyone. Love to you all X

on

Well things didn’t go to plan in March and the world as we know it changed dramatically. On 6th March I posted that I was scared of the virus . Little did I know what was around the corner for us all. I have worked on optimising my nutrition to give myself a fighting chance and to be honest losing weight has not been my main focus.

SueBlue and Dreamscometrue-I am still here. I am not focusing on losing weight or getting to goal weight until the fear of getting Covid 19 has passed. I worked in the NHS (I retired on Friday last week after 40 years) and things have been difficult and hectic. I feel relieved to be home and socially isolating now that I am not on the front line dealing with the fear of Covid 19 and I am in awe of everyone still working hard to treat and fight this disease. It had made me get things into perspective. My husband has lost his job and therefore our lifestyle has been affected but I am coming to terms with my new life! So no retirement celebrations and no retirement holiday but I am not bothered about any of that . For now I am content to stay home and stay safe. I’ve got jigsaws, crotchet, art work (I paint watercolours) and my piano and clarinet. I am going out for my hours exercise every day and feel lucky that I got my steroid injections before everything shut down.

It would be lovely to stay in touch on the thread to see how everyone is getting on but for me, losing weight and getting to goal is not a priority. I will continue to optimise my nutrition, look after my mental wellbeing and enjoy the time I have now to relax my body and make the best of every day.
    Best wishes to all my friends on here. Stay safe everyone and hopefully life will soon be back to normal and we can carry on where we left off! Lots of love to everyone.

on

A staying in touch thread would be a fab idea!

on

Great to hear from you Cathy and I’m so glad you are ok. Congratulations on your retirement: what a time of change for you right now! So sorry to hear about your husband’s job. But as you say, in these times priorities do change and I’m just glad you are both safe at home, and have things to do that you enjoy. Hope you can really rest and relax despite all that’s going on.

Yes I will set up a staying in touch thread either later today or tomorrow, in place of an April monthly thread. See you there X

on

Hi everyone

Just to say for those who would like to keep in touch during this time, I have set up a new thread called Keeping in Touch during Covid-19. This is in place of the usual monthly thread.

The weekly One Week at a Time threads are also still running, so I may see some of you on there 🙂

Take care and stay well X

• posted by henqueen
    on

Hello everyone,

I am sure I am not the only one struggling to stay motivated during this period of extended isolation. On top of the various puzzles and endless netflix binge watching, I found this resource that has really helped me up my at home workouts and I think everyone should take a look.
    https://barbend.com/best-at-home-bodyweight-workouts/

Hopefully everyone finds this as helpful as I have and I look forward to hearing what you think.

All love and stay safe

Please log in or register to post a reply.