Morning Blood sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by siar
    on

hi BSDians,

TIll last week , I have been on BSD and must say it worked wonders my BS was averaging 5.7 and post and prendial were normal as a non-diabetic person. I thought I reversed Type2 Diabetes and have began to regularly attend bootcamp ( exercise sessions) few times a week for the last two weeks. However last weekend I did a 11 mile maratahon and hence to recover I have taken a recovery shake. I am not sure what happened from that day onwards the morning sugar levels spiked to low 6s  Can the sports drinks cause the hike by tweaking the liver releasing sugar ? I am not sure how long this will last for taking energy and electrolyte drink for a day ? Any sharing your experience/comments be appreciated.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Siar,
    You don’t say how long you’ve been doing the BSD but a few of us had this problem around week 3-4. Check out a thread called rising fasting blood sugar. It’s an old thread but has some good information from a few different sources.
    Check that your overall carb intake is still low, and you can be sure it will sort itself out. All the best 😀

• posted by siar
    on

Hi Cherrianne, I have been on for 6 weeks.Except for this rising FBS.. other pre and post meal BS are perfectly normal. Best Regards

Please log in or register to post a reply.