Michael Mosley on TV

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I just saw an ad for a special on Sunday night (Sydney Australia) with Michael Mosley as one of three experts talking about the diabetes epidemic and whether it can be reversed! I almost feel like a celebrity myself – he’s my diet guru!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

His lecture at The Sydney Opera House is on YouTube if you want a taster…

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Natalie and Skywalker, Thank you both for this info.

• posted by Natalie
    on

The show has just started, they have three experts: Pete Evans who is an Australian celebrity chef who promotes the Paleo diet, a dietitian who follows the government guidelines (quarter of the plate low GI whole grains, quarter low fat protein, half veges), and Michael Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet. I’ll let you know what they decide at the end. I did think it was quite funny when Michael said 800 calories is “the low end of normal but not super low”. I think a lot of people who haven’t tried it would disagree!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Ok they are going to follow some people on each diet for a few weeks and see how they go. They call the BSD the most “physically demanding”, I don’t know if they were referring to exercise or the food.

• posted by pour_the_bloody_coffee
    on

Well, I don’t know about it being “the most physically demanding”…I’m doing the 5:2 version, and I love it. I’m not motivated enough to do the 8 week thing, but 5:2 I can handle. I wish Dr. Mosley would talk more about the 5:2 alternative: Doing 800 cals twice a week while following the Mediterranean diet the whole time. It’s so doable!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks for the heads up Natalie. I watched it and made hubby watch it with me. He needs to lose his belly, but professes to not being able to give up his beer and scotch!
    I enjoyed it and hopefully the message will rub off on him. He had a heart attack 6 years ago and had a stent inserted and was told to lose weight and change his diet, but now he just says the operation and the cholesterol lowering drugs and the blood pressure lowering drugs have ‘fixed’ him😚
    I’ve series linked it on Foxtel IQ so I don’t miss an episode. It will be interesting to see which participant comes out on top! I’m rooting for Dr M!

• posted by Milly27
    on

Hi, I just saw your posts about the tv program. Could you please tell me what the name of the program is and which network it was on? I didn’t know about and would like to see it. Thanks 😊

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Milky27,

‘Sunday Night’ Channel 7.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Ooops – MM also on SBS1 Monday 19:30 but it’s a different program.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Milky27
    I saw last weeks episode on channel 7, well worth watching.
    Enjoy
    Linda

Please log in or register to post a reply.