Meal replacement bars (Ideally nut free)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi, I am going to be travelling a bit over the next few weeks and I won’t be in control of meals as much as I would like. I am considering getting some meal replacement bars so that when others grab a sausage roll, bacon sandwich or plate of chips I will find it easier to resist.

Do you have any suggestions. One of my group has a nut allergy so I don’t want anything with nuts.

I won’t be eating that many of these and will have some normal meals each day so they don’t actually have to be proper meal replacement bars. I do need sealed products that I can leave in my bag or the glove box rather than home made things.

Some of the Atkins bars would seem to be okay, but all of them come stamped with a may contain nuts so I’d rather not.

Any suggestions?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Fofi

I suspect there has been no response from the forums as no one knows of any bars which are nut -free. Have you tried asking uncle google if such a thing exists and where they are sold? Could you also try shakes or soups that you just add hot water too? I’m sure there is something out there that would work for you, all the best.

• posted by FoFi
    on

I have looked but I haven’t really found anything perfect and I have no idea what they taste like. Most seem low in fat and so I was hoping for some feedback on whether or not people felt full.

I bought a couple from holland and barrett and I might try a few from exante.

• posted by FoFi
    on

I’d love to hear from anyone who has tried any of these things. I have bought a few from Holland and Barrett, I think meant for weightlifters rather than dieters – at least one of them, and I have just bought a pack of the Atkins bars from the supermarket.

All of them seem to have a (very thin) chocolate coating and I’m worried how well they will travel. Has anyone had anything that might travel better. I’d still prefer it not to contain nuts, but I’ve given up worrying about nuts in the factory.

Please log in or register to post a reply.