Meal Ideas

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ingenue
    on

A few ideas for meals :

Breakfast : scrambled eggs, add what you like for variety I’ve smoked salmon, mushrooms, onions, a small amount of Parmesan or feta, tomatoes

Cottage cheese with diced apples or pears with a slice of ham chopped up

Yoghurt with berries ( I add half a tsp of date syrup to sweeten)

A couple of rashers of lean back bacon , grilled ( fat removed) with mushrooms, tomatoes, or beans or egg

Frittata, with veggies of choice and a sprinkle of Parmesan

Mushrooms stuffed with chopped leeks , spinach and a small amount of Wensleydale

• posted by Floraellen
    on

Hi ingenue
    love your recipe for the flat breads most certainly going to try this it is good to have something to put something on when a slice of bread is not an option and oh how l love (loved) bread

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Lunch: tuna crunch salad, mix tuna in spring water with finely chopped red pepper, onion , mix in a little Philadelphia light cream cheese , add pepper, fill and eat with crudités ( can also make with sardines or smoked mackerel , or serve n lettuce cups ( makes two portions form a regular size can)

Chicken, bacon Ceaser salad, , half a lean chicken breast, poached or dry fried, a rasher of lean back bacon, lettuce, small sprinkle Parmesan, drizzle with a small amount of dressing

Apple, walnut, celery, and a small amount of cheddar, salad leaves

Soup, lots of veggies, low salt stock, and some beans

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Hi Floraellen,

thanks for that, they are really filling and you can flavour them with whatever you’d like ie Mexican spices and use them instead of tortillas to make an enchilada or fajita,

Indian spices, or coriander and have with curry

You could also put cooked veg in the finished batter,

Let me know how you get on with them

take care😎

Please log in or register to post a reply.