Mangoes, passion fruit.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JulioM
    on

My first question about the diet. In the Blood Sugar Diet book, Dr Mosley recommends avoiding tropical fruit such as mangoes, but then includes mangos with yoghurt and nuts in some of the breakfast recipes in the same book. What’s that about?

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Julio, and welcome to the forum.

I think in the book he says that small amounts of these kinds of fruit (eaten infrequently) are ok.

I’ve chosen not to eat mango/banana etc

• posted by topcac
    on

I love that breakfast and have had it several times in the last two weeks since I started – I lost 7lbs in my first week and have yet to weigh in my second week – I’m gonna go with it until I stop losing or reach a plateau, then it’s something I may decide to cut out.

• posted by JulioM
    on

Yep I like it as well, it’s replaced muesli as my standard breakfast. I think Timmy’s right though, for me at least. I’ll have to swap the mango for apple if I’m going to be eating it several times a week.

• posted by JulioM
    on

Hi Timmy, thanks

That makes sense what you said about only eating mangos every now and then. I’ll get apples in to replace them.

• posted by topcac
    on

As it’s already got an apple in it you could try blueberries or blackberries maybe – just a suggestion 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JULIO Please bear in mind a small 50 calorie apple has15 carbs..quite a big amount out of a daily 50 i’ m trying to keep below.
    Thats according to my carb calculator anyway..i could hardly believe my eyes when i read it!Its quite dismaying isnt it.. I used to eat a small pink lady apple whenever i was peckish. Theyre very good for us tho so maybe just have an apple slice or two. I have one small apple now once every 2 weeks or so,a banana even less often. So much goodness in these fruits so i guess its why MM suggests having them now and again x

• posted by simonheffer
    on

(On a side note:I had a look at the Scandinavian Diet which says no fruit!)
    I know there’s an issue with carbs and sometimes cals in some fruits but I’m looking at the GI/GL count (Dr Winnie Chan) for Mangoes which is apparently L/L. Same goes for many fruits such as apples & oranges which I had previously steered clear of. It’s not a big loss to me – I love berries myself – but there seems to be conflicting advice here.

Please log in or register to post a reply.