Low morning reading

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mussoda
    on

Hi all

I’m just finished day 6 of the BSD, I have so far lost 4kg, I was diagnosed in 2008 I have been taking metformin but stopped 3 days ago, my starting blood sugar was 7.8 and dropped to 5.6 after 4 days the last two days I have had a fasting reading of 4.6, today at around 09:00 I almost keeled over at work, felt really light headed and dizzy, I ate a banana that seemed relieve the symptoms after a few minutes.
    I am assuming that even after my yoghurt and rhubarb breakfast my sugar level was low enough to bring on the starting’s of a hypo. I am assuming that I will need to up the carbs a bit at breakfast, has anyone else had this issue, if so how did you resolve it?

Mussoda

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Mussoda
    You don’t need to eat a banana, that only keeps the problem going. A few of us at the start had some low sugar moments, people like me who suffered from reactive hypoglycaemia ( now cured!). but they’re not dangerous, only horrible to live through. It’s only if you’re on insulin that you need to do something about it like eat sugar. Have a look at jane Ruhls book ‘low carb problems solved’ that should help you.
    I know they make you feel panicky and confused but really, they will go away.
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.