Low ebb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Last week was my first week on the diet and I lost 10 1/2 lbs. I weighed myself this morning and so far this week (Monday is my weigh day) and I have lost a further 1/4 lb.
    In the early hours of the morning this morning I was contemplating giving up. Not because I’m hungry. I have no energy I’m not losing any weight and I am uncomfortably constipated. Right now this diet doesn’t seem worth it.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Welcome to carb flu. 🙁

Horrible, isn’t it. As your body changes the carb monster tries to hang on and gives you various symptoms, sometimes headaches, tiredness, constipation., hunger pangs…..

But the good news is that it swiftly passes!

Please please please hang on – if necessary just day by day. It is common to get weight plateaus – just search (top right) for threads where people have worked through these to great success.

This isn’t a diet, it changes rhe way your body works and does it differently for everyone. Be kind to your body, and let it do its work.

Can you keep persisting but treat yourself in other ways that don’t involve eating like a luxurious bath or whatever suits you.

But don’t give up – you will get through this to success! Those pesky carbs are hanging on but you can kick them into touch.

Drink even more water – that will help with the constipation.

Good luck 🙂

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Thanks for the encouragement. I wasn’t expecting a plateau quite this early. When I’ve tried diets in the past I usually lose nearer to 2 stone before I hit the plateau. If I drink much more water they may declare a hosepipe ban in our area. But I’ve taken steps to try to sort out the constipation problem. I’m not quite ready yet to give up on my dream to be slim, fit and media free.

Please log in or register to post a reply.