Lost my thread – sorry for reposting ..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by silver
    on

My weight loss has been slower week 2 -anyone else?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Silver

This would appear to be a common event in week 2 / 3 and is something I have had to contend with too! From reading other posts on these forums and indeed posted about being frustrated by the lack of progress and received responses, the general consensus seems to be plateaus have to be expected from time to time and as long as you stay focus and continue to stick with the diet the weight will eventually start to drop again – see the thread on Starting Week 3 After a Tough Week 2.

It will come right, just stay positive and focused – good luck.

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Hi Silver, me too, first week I lost 7lbs, this week not lost anything ☹️
    However my morning blood sugars have been between 4 – 5 mmol… So that & the fact I feel so well is keeping me going. Hopefully it will start moving again soon!

Good Luck !!!

• posted by silver
    on

Many thanks everyone. Yes its about motivation but I am feeling good and so that will carry me though 🙂 I hope!

• posted by ziz
    on

Hi everyone.
    Just wanted to check if anyone else has had a similar situation to me on the fast 800.

i am in week five at the moment and only lost 1.5 Ibs total.
    these are the ‘rules’ I’ve been following
    800 cals a day
    20g carbs
    40g protein
    sugar around 15 to 20g
    fibre around 15g a day
    only drink fizzy water (2 litres a day) and black coffee.
    no alcohol
    2 meals a day within 10 hours, 14 hour fast.
    track all food on nutracheck app for nutritional info
    one hour walk or HIT workout daily , sometimes both.

i feel well and have good energy, but not losing weight at all.
    I’ve read the fast 800 book twice and can’t figure out where im going wrong… anyone else had these results? or got any advice for me? i’m a bit gutted 🙁

• posted by JGwen
    on

First of all can you confirm you have carbs, 20g and sugar 20g. Are you having both 20g of sugar a day as well as 20g of carbs or is it just a typo?

I would suggest that you check for inch loss. – When we are on a high carb diet it raises insulin levels, high levels of insulin prevents other hormone systems from working which includes maintenance of bones and muscles. – Both stronger bones and stronger muscles weigh more, so you may have been discarding fat and increasing muscle and bone at the same time.

Don’t just look for changes at waist and hips, our bodies prefer to keep fat there so thats the last place we discard from. – People find that collar bones emerge, double chins disappear, and drops in shoe sizes before inch loss from the waist.

• posted by ziz
    on

hi jgwen,
    thanks for your reply.
    yes i try to keep to 20g of carbs a day, and i usually seem to have 15 to 20 grams of sugar, mainly as fruit and veg sugars according to my app.
    do you think those targets should be lower?
    i don’t really limit my fats but do think they are healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, cheese etc.

nothing seems to be disappearing from anywhere as far as lost inches which is weird as when I’ve done things like WW or slimming world before its come off quickly…but i like the ethos of this eating plan better.

i’m just not sure if im getting something wrong?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

If possible, unless hidden, then sugar shouldnt be part of your diet. Even sugar in fruit is a no no so can you check where this sugar is coming from. Also noted fibre listed separately, is this fibre from the 20g of carbs or extra fibre. You could be having too many carbs but you can sort this by reading labels. If a label says 10g carb of which 6g is sugar, that is still 10g. If it says 20g carbs of which 10g is fibre, it is still 20g fibre, But if they are listed separately like 10g carbs, plus 10g sugar plus 10g fibre then you might be having too much.

• posted by ziz
    on

oh ok.
    i usually just try to eat from the “shopping list” foods in the fast 800 book and then log everything into my nutracheck app and it gives me total count for the day for carbs, sugar, protein etc

i don’t really eat any fruit at the moment, and am not sure where that sugar is creeping in…i will try to monitor that.

I’m going to follow the meal plan in the book for the next 14 days to see if that makes a difference.

fingers crossed !!

thanks for your reply

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Ziz, it’s fine if the fats are included in your 800cals, but if not this could be the problem. Sticking to the menu plan for awhile, could indeed get you moving in the right direction. It will also give you a feel for the best things to include in your future menus.

Perhaps consider joining in on the weekly thread, which has people at all stages of the BSD process and so if a great place to seek advice and support. There will be a new weekly thread kicked off at the beginning of next week, but you’ll get a warm welcome if you decide to jump in on the current one now, which has Feb in the title.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi ziz, it might be just the way your monitor shows things. When I input my days food my monitor nearly has a fit and tries to recalculate my exercise against calories then tells me I am not eating enough. Try to keep to around 50g total carbs or less if you want to. Monitors are helpful to give you some idea but not necessarily totally accurate. Following the menu is a good idea, as Sunny says, it helps you get a feel for what you should be eating, quantities etc.

• posted by ziz
    on

hi sunnyB

yes everything is included in the 800 cals.

i will definitely join the weekly thread, that sounds great.

thanks for your reply

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Pleasure … look forward to seeing you on the weekly thread soon 🙂

• posted by ziz
    on

hi sunshine-girl.
    yes my monitor insists i should eat 1200 cals a day!!

i have written a huge shopping list based on the weeks menu…i’ll hit lidl tomorrow and get cracking on the recommended plan.

thanks for your reply

Please log in or register to post a reply.