Lost 6lb in 3 weeks……………

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by saffy007
    on

Hi, rather happy with the diet so far, i am struggling a little now with all the vegs and salads, and have an urge
    for a vege chilli, has anyone made a vege chilli with baked beans (are they allowed), i have so many tins
    in the cupboard, was thinking draining the juice, simple question but important as dont want to pile on the calories. Thanks all x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Saffy, well done with the weight loss. Baked beans are a good source of fibre even though they are a carb. Only problem is the commercially canned varieties are full of sugar and salt, even if you buy the low sugar or low salt. Yes it is mainly in the sauce so if you dont mind rinsing them in a sieve then go ahead. If you have loads then making a chilli with them now and then wont do any harm but do stock up on red kidney beans or other plain beans.

• posted by saffy007
    on

Awww, thank you so kind of you to reply, i will make it this afternoon for tonights meal, and see what my weight is tomorrow !!!!

on

Im having the same tonight but half meat half lentils with red kidney beans. Enjoy.

on

Hi Saffy. Did you enjoy your chilli.

• posted by saffy007
    on

Hi, just picked up, yea it was lovely will defo make it again, and the baked beans (drained) 1/2 a tin worked well.
    And i didnt put on any extra pounds, although the last few days I have, i bought some rice cakes (bad idea) for snacking, so i was wondering if there is a low carb crispbread/cracker around.

on

Glad you enjoyed. I have to be very careful with my carbs as a diabetic but you don’t seem to have any medical conditions. I made a cauliflower and chickpea curry (google) and it was delicious but it sent my blood glucose soaring.

Yes, rice cakes are a very bad idea. I personally go for Ryvita dark rye. It is a carb and grain but one of the better ones. I think one biscuit is 37 calories or the Original which is 27 but very bland.

Please log in or register to post a reply.