Losing weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by marnz
    on

I have started the blood sugar diet to reverse diabetes. I am following 800 calories a day. And increased my levels of activity. In one week I have only lost 4 pounds and I don’t understand why I have not lost more than this. Please could anyone advise. Thank you.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, 4lb is not a bad loss and depends on lots of things, like how much weight do you have to lose, have you been on another diet recently, what exactly you are eating and are you actually sticking to 800 calories and not eating any white carbs which will hold fluid. Are you compensating for exercise by having slightly more calories thinking you can do that. Also, what is your fluid intake like and are you getting plenty of good fats and oils. As you can see there are so many combinations of reasons. Do keep on with it as reversing (or reducing) your diabetes is much more important than actual weight loss. You should also be peeing lots as that is a sign the fat is leaving the body.

Please log in or register to post a reply.