Loose Skin

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by milly557
    on

Is loose skin an issue for those who have lost a lot of weight on the BSD?

I know the health benefits far outweigh things like loose skin but I do have quite a bit of weight to lose and would rather know if this is likely to happen.

Thank you

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday Milly557,

In the past where l have loss a lot of weight 50kg plus, i havent had a issue with lose skin, though l was hell of a lot younger and l made sure l did a lot of exercise including weights, to gain muscle to replace the fat. They say its all down to genetics though.
    This time fast track quite a few years, im 43, loss 34.6kg so far since Aug 28, 2016 and still want to lose another 26kg , there are signs of lose skin appearing, though it far out weighs being big and all the issues associated with it. I have continued to do core strength exercises and been taking fish oil and beef geltan tablets to stimulate collagen & elastin growth. I also make sure to cleans the skin every morning and night and use a moisture on the face. Just recently started doing face exercises, to help get that turkey neck under control, must say its definally been tightening around the neck area and its only been a week. There is the surgery option, but im way to freaked out by that procedure. Keep on plugging rather have lose skin than go back.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Just to back Bloke41 up, I too have lost 34kg since September in my case. I’m 52 and have started to notice some looser skin under/ around my shoulder blades. I have been doing some resistance and core exercise (as well as the face stretches, which I’m guessing seem to work) but am moving onto more weight-based training just to keep the muscle density up. The skin around my waist (I’ve lost over 8 inches, probably more as I missed the bit about measuring yourself at the start!) seems to have just contracted.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

I’m interested to find out more about the face exercises you are all doing if someone can point me in the right direction for some details please. I try not to look in the mirror as I’m looking far too much like my 80yr old mother and I’m only 53!!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday ddraig_goch,

I got my exercises off youtube, if you just type in Face exercises, will come up with a heap. I try to concentrate around the neck area, thats where most of the lose skin tends to hang around for me. I’ve done it for about a month, l have noticed some improvement which is great. Have a good one.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I do the Beverly Callard facial exercises from a tape I have had since 1995. I do her 50 min exercise routine 3 times a week but do the face exercises every day, in the car (not me driving), while watching TV etc. I also have started doing arm curls and triceps curls while watching TV to get rid of bingo wings. Don’t know if it will work as I am 64 and gravity is winning. This is not lose skin, just flab and I can sympathise with bloke41 about the turkey neck, gets worse the more weight I lose but that’s no reason to give up.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Read the stuff about facial exercises with interest, so went to youtude, pulled some up and gave it a go. Have found out that even my face is unfit!! Ended up with a bit of a headache from the forehead and eye ones. This is going to take some getting used to, but I think it’s got to be worth some effort.

Please log in or register to post a reply.