Long term plans

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

During my planning week before I started BSD I had intended to complete the 8 weeks then “relax” a bit for a couple of weeks then do 8 weeks again and so on. Oh how naive I was. This way of eating has to be permanent now. Once I can get to the correct weight I can then find the level I need to maintain it. But this is it. I actually feel like I am a different person to the one I was only 5 weeks ago. Diabetes no longer defines me. It is just part of me not everything about me.
    Am I just getting carried away or light headed from lack of calories and carbs? Or is this what happens once you get onto this way of life?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Janrg1, it depends on how much you have to lose and how your bloods are. For me I am just ending week 10 and have no intentions of stopping. I have seen a dramatic improvement in my HBA1c but know there is room for more. As for my weight, I am a slow loser, which I put down to the insulin usage, but happy that I have actually been losing weight. Just 10lbs in 10 weeks. So I have another 10kg to lose. I will be sticking with this, probably for the rest of my life, in some form or other. It is not just a diet, it is a way of life and I really enjoy the food. Gone are the days of salad for lunch every day, now I have variety and bacon and avocados, full English breakfasts with black pudding. What is not to like.

As we say here in France, bon continuation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Must admit I hate salad. After a few days of salad I have had as much as I can take. But I have found I love stir fries. I could eat them every day, my husband would just get a bit bored. But you are right about the variety. Bacon is a good thing but I was never a fan of the full English breakfast. I do like bacon with Scottish pancakes. Pity the pancakes are just chock full of carbs, never mind.
    I wish I only had 10kg to lose. With what I’ve lost already that leaves me to lose another 5 stones. I think that’s about 34kg. That may take a while.

Please log in or register to post a reply.