Licorice tea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’ve seen lots of posts mentioning this, but had something at the back of my head about licorice having an adverse effect on blood pressure. On Friday I checked the packaging for different brands of licorice tea and they all mentioned that sufferers from hypertension (high blood pressure) should limit how much of it they drink, with one brand advising no more than one cup of licorice tea a day for those with high blood pressure.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

OMG lynne! Glad you spotted that and posted it. It’s ok for me as my BP is always on the low side but it won’t be OK for lots of others ๐Ÿ™

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith it as just something niggling at the back of my head so thought I’d better check. It applies to anything licorice related of course ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Glad I checked, because my blood pressure has been high so don’t want anything that will raise it again ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

So glad you noticed that Lynne. I’ll have to stop recommending it. It says nothing about it on either packet of tea that I have, and I’d never heard that about liquorice. So pleased you’re on the ball, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi, there are 2 references to liquorice in Fast diet on pages 145 & 211 but just about using unfamiliar flavours and something to chew (root) but maybe the next edition might include a ref if this thread is seen? I used to eat lots of it before I realised just how much C12H22O11 I don’t like to mention the “S” word too much and this reminds me that c12 +h22 looks like a lot of carbo-hydrate!

Please log in or register to post a reply.