LET'S GO!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Auntyflab
    on

I’m a very busy nurse. I work full time travelling and teaching. I work on a very busy unit at weekend nursing patients with dementia. I noticed after every shift I would eat every carbohydrate in sight as lack of breaks make my blood sugars low. (I am not diabetic but I suffer pulmonary artery hypertension so I need to control my weight) my husband is insulin dependent type 2. He’s lost 3 stone and has been left with the “diabetic tyre” around his middle. He also needs to lose at least another 2 stone. I started the 800 calories with no carbs on the morning of my busy shift expecting to be hungry. 6.00hrs breakfast strawberries and a banana……..not hungry till 13.00hrs. Pear and a banana then chicken and small salad for tea. I was amazed. I felt great! Have continued for 3 days and even in such a short space of time I have noticed a reduction in fat around my tummy and thighs already. I’m 4ft 10″ and 8 stone 10 so obviously only a few pounds to go. My Dr is aware I’m doing this (always get Dr’s consent). I have never felt so good and I’m not in the least bit tired because I’m sleeping better. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and loved the science mainly. I’m teaching diabetes next week and it will offer a great topic for debate. Thanks again xx

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Auntie you’re off to a flying start! and if this works for you and you want to continue then carry on, however if that is a typical days food for you then it isn’t entirely in keeping with the BSD guidance. Banana’s aren’t recommended as they are surprisingly high in sugar and carbs (27g carbs per banana) most of us here try to keep to less than 50g, so even your two banana’s would take you over that. Although carb levels are a personal thing to choose. I’d also suggest a bit more healthy fat in there. Fruit is meant to be a smaller addition to BSD rather than the main part of meals.

I don’t mean to pick, and as you really don’t have much to lose your own brand of this may work just as well. Let us know how your debate in the class goes, we’re all interested in those things here 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.