Ketones

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bmmorag
    on

Whenever I try this plan I get a UTI – I am prone to them and ketones seem to irritate my urinary system. I was at the doctors with pain from my kidneys last week having been on the plan and he told me that there were ketones in my urine. He is not keen for me to continue. Any thoughts or advice please?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

bmmorag is see you are not diabetic but have a family history. I also note you are trying the Fast 800. If your medical problem is made worse by ketones then you might be better to do the 5;2 or the Med and not be quite so strict so you are not flooding your urine with ketones. You will still lose weight but not quite to fast.

• posted by bmmorag
    on

Thank you sunshinegirl – been off the 800 since seeing the doctor. Have spent today looking at low calorie diets (1100 cals per day) as I really need to shift those pounds but will give the med plan or 5:2 a go and see how it goes. Finish the anti-biotics tomorrow.

Please log in or register to post a reply.