Keeping on track

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi All, I have had a few days when I have gone over 800 in the past 4 weeks and 4 days. Only ate nuts or cheese or eggs though. I suppose there was some damage control. I have days when I am sooo hungry and others when it is a breeze. I feel badd for going over 800 calories like I have let myself down.

I was rejoicing 2 days ago because my fasting blood sugars had become normal. 5.3. Then this morning up to 6.7. Very disappointed. I stopped taking my last metformin tablet yesterday but doubt if the effect could be instant. I also have not been sleeping well. Could be a number of things.

Anyhow, my discipline is waning though no bad carbs have crossed these lips. I guess I still have 3 weeks for the blood sugars to normalise. Hope my fatty liver and pancreas come to the party. ha ha

All the best to you all. There is some amazing discipline out there! Keep up the good work/

cheers from the not so big eater.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey big-eater – don’t stress, we all go over on occasion, but it all balances out over the duration, as we are in this for the long haul. And if you are keeping the carbs in check, you will probably find the slight increase in calories doesn’t have much impact anyway.

Search ‘dawn blood sugars’ using the search box at the top of the page, as this is a phenomenon others report and as I understand it, it will settle down.

Don’t be disheartened by your shaky discipline, we are only human and we all struggle from time to time. Stick with the regime and it will all come right. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi SunnyB,

Thanks for your support. I guess the main thing is low carbs and sticking to the diet as closely as possible, I have lost a lot of weight and hope to continue to doso. I will have more to lose after the eight weeks is up so contemplating how to do this. I might do the 5/2 for a few weeks before returning to the 800 calories program.

People have had such amazing results with the lifestyle change. It is amazing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Some folks jut continue with the 800 after the 8 weeks – captainlyn for instance – until they hit their desired weight. You should be able to track her thread using the search box, her story is inspirational and like you she was diabetic, but is now off meds and she lost an amazing amount of weight along the way.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi

Yes, as SunnyB said I stayed on 800 calories (and low carb) a lot longer than 8 weeks. It took 38 weeks to reach my original target weight – where the medical people had said for years I should be (9 stone 6 pounds) That was a total loss of 6stone 1 pound (85 pounds).

Then I carried on to a weight where I am happy, maintaining within a pound or two. Today I weighed in at 8 stone 4 pounds. It’s 35 weeks since I hit that original target.

Along the way my diabetic readings have dropped to normal. I wasn’t on medication but had reached the point where it was being threatened. That threat has now gone!

You may want to limit your intake of nuts – they can have lots of carbs in them. I still have to be careful with them.

Hope this helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.