Keeping it going

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stewart
    on

OK, so I started the 8 week diet on the 26th April and so far have shed 65lbs (that is 130 bars of lard!) and dropped 8 incase in jean waist size.

I am aiming to loose another 70lbs but notice I have slowed down, and this week only lost 4lbs.

So the big question, what do you do to keep loosing?

I think a mistake I have made is apples, as I have lost a lot of my interest in food, (I used to be obsessed by it) so I ten tot have an apple of two for lunch and maybe one for breakfast (all within the 800 calories) but maybe they are too carb rich (they do not make me hungry)

So people over eight weeks, what is your average weekly loss, and how are you keeping the weight dropping off.

Doug

• posted by Lolli
    on

Dear Stewart,
    yours is the first post I read 🙂
    I just wanted to say well done!

• posted by Stewart
    on

Thank you Lolli, it is a wonderful diet, and as long as you steer clear of carbs you do not get hungry!

I hope you achieve you goals…

Kind regards

Doug

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hey Stewart that’s an incredible achievement you’ve lost so much already! I don’t think ‘only’ losing 4lb is a big deal though that’s still a great loss, it’s not really realistic (in my opinion) to expect more than that.

I do think apples for breakfast and lunch possibly are not the best idea, 1 apple comes in at almost 20g of carbs and if you’re having 3 that’s 60g of carbs without counting whatever else you may eat. In addition you are not getting the input of protein and fat that is recommended.

In the book he says fruit should be adding taste and not the main event. I’d say maybe to switch to some berries and nuts for breakfast, have something better for lunch – if you like to keep it small maybe some boiled eggs, or I sometimes just have some cheese and cherry tomatoes.

However you’ve lost an incredible amount of weight by doing it your way – and it hasn’t stopped working. You may choose to just carry on 🙂

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hi Izzy

Thank you for your comments, it is interesting that now I have broken the eat carb, feel ravenously hungry thing I am now able to have very small portions of things.

I think you are right, (and this is the value of the forum, as it is easy to go off at a tangent) that I need to cut back on fruit.

I am having yogurt, full fat for breakfast with a good coffee (skimmed milk and the calories counted)
    Lunch is the issue as it is often grabbed on the go, (I do sometimes forget) and you are right hard boiled eggs are a life saver

The in the evening salad, or stir fry, or roasted veg with a protein, tonight it was salmon.

Lots of water.

And now on a warm summers evening a good long walk, (7 steps)

How are you doing?

Cheers – Doug

Please log in or register to post a reply.