Just starting out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dora
    on

Hi all
    Well I’ve read the book and going to start tomorrow morning. My husband and I are going to do it together, we both work full time and neither of us are really good at following a diet plan but we are fine with counting our own calories. On the BSD if we make sure we have protein with every meal and stick to the 800 calories rather than making up the recipes in the back of the book will we still loose weight? I assume regardless of weather you are male or female you both consume the same amount of calories? Any ideas thoughts would be very helpful. Thanks heaps. Dora.

• posted by boomboombum
    on

Hi Dora, I have been on it for 2 weeks my husband is on it cause I do all the cooking 🙂
    I have just been counting calories and sticking to roughly 800 cal cutting out carbs, I haven’t used any of the recipes , you don’t need to just cook what you like that fits in the the BSD so far i am down 3.5kgs I’m not diabetic and haven’t cut out the Friday night wine or 3
    Good luck.

• posted by Dora
    on

Thanks for the quick reply. That is so good that you have lost 3.5kg, well done! How has your husband coped with 800 calories? I’ve just cleaned out the pantry, thrown out heaps of junk or moved it out of reach :). I’m glad you don’t follow the recipes, that makes it a little easier. OK so keep off carbs and processed foods, just need to eat simple. A bit of protein, veg, and good fat, too easy. Glad you haven’t needed to cut out the wine. Good luck to you also. Dora.

Please log in or register to post a reply.