Just starting out and need some support please!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucyhayward
    on

Hi – I started the BSD yesterday and am doing ok so far.. I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of the diary section on BSD.com please? I’d like to be able to record my stats weekly on here and it suggests in the book that I should be able to do so. Any help gratefully received – thank you!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Lucyhayward, no such thing exists on this site. It is possible you get charts etc if you pay for the 12 week course, but no-one on here does that as we get all the help we need right here. Sorry DrM we love you anyway. If you want to record or check nutritional values, calories etc there are lots of site you can use setting up your own profile. I use Sparkpeople some use MyFatSecret and I am sure there are others. Good luck with the diet you have been through so much. Just a word on the exercise, it offers very little in terms of weight loss and what you eat is more important. Exercise is great for maintaining, heart health, strong bones etc etc and should be included in a healthy life but it wont help you lose (much) weight.

• posted by Squidge
    on

You could put your weekly stats on your profile, Lucy. There’s nothing to fill in, just a blank section, but it still might be motivating to record the change in weight etc and be able to look back on it.

• posted by success123
    on

Hi l am just starting the 800 kcal – l have been meaning to start this for so too long – 18mths!!! Anyway is it possible to eat all your 800kcal one a day (1 meal) ???
    Regards
    Patsy

• posted by Lily
    on

Hi Success—this post probably won’t get much attention as you’ve posted in the comments section of someone else’s post—however… 🙂 Yes, it’a perfectly acceptable to have just one 800 calorie meal each day. 🙂

• posted by Lily
    on

Lucy
    I suspect no one would mind if you wanted to set up your own diary thread anywhere that seems appropriate in the forum. I was wondering earlier about doing that myself as there doesn’t seem to be a diary section here.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lucy and Patsy, why not join in on the weekly thread, to gain advice and support. This week’s thread has 11th August in the title and you’d both be made very welcome.
    It’s a great place to help to keep you accountable, without being judgemental and it’s a good place to vent if you are struggling, or celebrate both scales and non-scales victories. Lots of knowledge to draw on too, are it’s populated by people at various stages on their BSD journey.
    Hope we might see you there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.