Just starting . . . again.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by anthony
    on

I began the 8-week BSD again yesterday. I tried it for 4 weeks last summer and lost 40 lbs, then went off and back to my ordinary eating habits (too much, too fattening and caloric, too often) and gained all 40 back in four – five months. Am back on and gonna do all 8 weeks this time, follow up with more sensible eating and a 5:2 plan. I’m terribly hungry today, but I remember that this wore off after a few days last time, so I am holding out. By the way, I discovered that after going off and splurging for awhile, it is hard as hell to get back with the program! Here goes . . .

• posted by Marsie
    on

Yes, Anthony, it is hard to get started again. There are a few strugglers on the forum, various boards, hanging in, grabbing the small successes, and grateful for the supporting messages here. Favourite saying here is. …keep on keeping on. ….

Good wishes to you.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Keep going!

I did it last year and then went back to normal and put some of the weight back on. We need to accept that to keep the weight off, we can’t keep doing the things which made us put it on – some changes will have to become the new normal.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Patsy is right. We have to take on board that what the way we used to eat, was not ‘normal’, otherwise we would not have had the weight (and possibly health) issues which brought us here. Einstein is credited with saying ‘the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’. We have to accept that with the BSD we are making a lifestyle change and its giving us the blueprint for the way we eat from here on in and there is no going back to ‘eating normally’, if we don’t want to return to where we were.

You had a great result before, so stick with it and I’m sure you will soon be reporting fab results again soon – good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.